Customer SLC

Well, let's see if I can keep up with the comments.

Howard, the exhaust is what I would consider loud. The "mufflers" are really straight through units and do not do much to muffle the sound. And you are correct, the car originally had a 4 to 1 with H pipe beautiful unit built by Fran and company, but the unit was too tight to the engine block and actually prevented me from removing the valve covers. And unfortunately with Jesel rockers, checking valve lash is a way of life. I used the old tubing in making the new headers.

Rx, the box is one completely rebuilt by GBOX, and is totally stock. It is a nice unit, but one has to remember to calmly shift it; no slamming gears. Last winter the car was on the chassis dyno at Gingerman racetrack and recorded 564hp at the rear wheels.

Hi Dan,

Beautiful car. I hope you stick around the forums. How is the car around the track with that much power to the ground and the itb's? I'm assuming Kinsler? Can you use all of the power at the track?

Rm - the top hat is actually a very old Hilborn unit, modified to electronic injection by Kinsler. In my opinion, there is never such a thing as too much HP, it's all in knowing how to use your right foot. Actually, this is about the same level as the current Daytona Prototype cars, and is very trackable, although the front end can get a little "light" on fast stretches.

Fran - I have not yet. I will be changing my alignment settings next week to the numbers you provided and then run a few laps. I was also looking for a "source" for a set of those sexy front canards that are on the race car! wink.

Back