First Drive - Audi 3.22 C&P

Just a quick note to say I finally got the chance on the weekend to have a drive (allbeit brief) of my RF with the new 3.22 C&P fitted to my AAZ gearbox.

The result is a huge difference. Much more relaxed at civilised speed limits and well worth installing.

No major work was required to fit the parts however, I took the opportunity whilst everything was apart to fit the reinforcing plate mentioned elsewhere on this site. I had it cut from 6061 T6 Aluminium, so hopefully it is up to the job...

Cant wait to use the car in anger around our local race circuit (Barbagallo) to see how the gear change points work out.

Thanks for the parts Mick and pleasure dealing with you.

Hi pete,

You must be very close to licensing your car by now.

To answer your question, No. I had my regular every day car mechanic do the install as he plays with hewland stuff quite a bit on F/fords etc. I figured his experience has to be worth something.

Only drama as such was trying to pull one of the gears off the shaft. He needed to use a little heat (as a last resort) as the press he was using to pull the gear was starting to bend !!!

I made a cad file for the reinforcing plate taken from the scanned image located on the lambo lounge site and on this site somewhere. I can flick it your way if you need it. It needed a tweek after it was cut but all worked out really well.

HILLY

Supporter
G’day Rick.
How did the new C & P go on the track.
I have just ordered a set from Mick this week.
The car still is not on the road yet but the Christmas deadline that I set myself is still achievable if I can get a fair crack at it. I will dig up the build thread that I started ages ago and update it.
I would appreciate a copy of the mod drawing when you get a chance. No rush though, when you get time.

Back