Five cars in a three car garage....

Here's how you fit five cars, a ski boat, motorcycle and tools in an (oversized) residential three car garage....

Just installed an Advantage Lifts 9000HD lift in my home garage. Very impressed with the quality and safety features of this lift. The whole thing is very solidly made and well engineered. In comparison to the cheapy Chinese 4-poster lift on the opposite side of the garage it's absolutely bullet proof....like a Hellcat Charger v. a rusty Hyundai. If you're looking for a really good quality 4-post then highly recommended.

We have a facility not far from Temecula with a large number of Bendpak lifts. I think the Advantage is even better.

Attachments

• Advantage1.jpg
    Advantage1.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 264
  • Advantage2.jpg
    Advantage2.jpg
    372 KB · Views: 229
  • Advantage3.jpg
    Advantage3.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 223
  • Advantage4.jpg
    Advantage4.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 250

Jim Albright

Supporter
I thought this Advantage lift was made in the USA. Nope. Dang. Didn't do my research properly.

We need to get American manufacturing back on track. Start with 20% import tariffs on Chinese made goods......
I did a lot of research before pulling the trigger on my Backyard Buddy 4 post lift and it is really hard to find a company the does everything here in the USA. A lot of companies claim made in the USA, but in reality are Chinese parts assembled here.

Best regards,
Jim

Attachments

• 20231213_124353.jpg
    20231213_124353.jpg
    418.4 KB · Views: 135

Neil

Supporter
I thought this Advantage lift was made in the USA. Nope. Dang. Didn't do my research properly.

We need to get American manufacturing back on track. Start with 20% import tariffs on Chinese made goods......
How it used to be...

What's interesting to me is; the Backyard Buddy website redirect to Advantage, I wonder when that merger took place :) But I've watched installation setups for Advantage, and they were the ones I was considering so I could have a lift to get my car up in the air to work on from below... compared to some 'look-alike' models I'd seen installation vids for.

Great job on staking those in there Chris. :)

Jim Albright

Supporter
What's interesting to me is; the Backyard Buddy website redirect to Advantage, I wonder when that merger took place :) But I've watched installation setups for Advantage, and they were the ones I was considering so I could have a lift to get my car up in the air to work on from below... compared to some 'look-alike' models I'd seen installation vids for.

Great job on staking those in there Chris. :)
When I bought my Backyard Buddy lift less than a year ago, the steel was U.S. and they were manufactured in Ohio. The other Advantage lifts are a different design. Advantage Lifts took over the operations of Backyard Buddy in September of 2020.

Last edited:
When I bought my Backyard Buddy lift less than a year ago, the steel was U.S. and they were manufactured in Ohio. The other Advantage lifts are a different design. Advantage Lifts took over the operations of Backyard Buddy in September of 2020
They seemed pretty skookum in the vid (An on-site installer for Advantage) and if they keep quality up and safety is the key concerns, good.

The Advantage list is definitely well built....everything fits well and it goes together very precisely. It's much better made than the other China-made 4-post I bought for my home garage about 10 years ago.

I was just under the impression the Advantage was made in America. No so, unfortunately.

Back