gear box problems

Hi has anyone any info what to look at first with my Renault UN1 gearbox . Driving down to Le Mans over the weekend when about 50miles outside of Le Mans when whithout warning or any noise my car got stuck in 2nd gear . So pulled over and has the car rolled backwards there was a clunking noise and the came out of gear . Was able to carry on down to Le Mans with no 2nd gear or reverse but car drove fine 1st to 3rd 4th and 5th and drove back home nearly 400 miles like this with no noises or problems changing gears just no 2nd and reverse before i start to take the box out any ideas . Thanks in advance Kevin.

Hi has anyone any info what to look at first with my Renault UN1 gearbox . Driving down to Le Mans over the weekend when about 50miles outside of Le Mans when whithout warning or any noise my car got stuck in 2nd gear . So pulled over and has the car rolled backwards there was a clunking noise and the came out of gear . Was able to carry on down to Le Mans with no 2nd gear or reverse but car drove fine 1st to 3rd 4th and 5th and drove back home nearly 400 miles like this with no noises or problems changing gears just no 2nd and reverse before i start to take the box out any ideas . Thanks in advance Kevin.
perhaps that one.... not the first time, loctite is your best friend... (tighten up sheer of quarter back.....)

Paul

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2022-07-05 à 18.24.26.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-07-05 à 18.24.26.png
    85.8 KB · Views: 124
Back