Greenwich Concours de Sport

"Join us for our inaugural Concours de Sport, featuring a highly curated selection of the epitome of automotive style, performance and innovation. Across 15 judged car classes, enjoy some of the world’s most exciting automobiles."

1030 will be there in the "Carroll Shelby Centenary" class.

It's Saturday, June 3rd. The day before the usual Greenwich Concours. They appear to be still accepting applications.

If you're going to Saturday's Concours de Sport, I'll probably be somewhere near 1030 wearing a white ballcap with the steering wheel GT40 logo.
I'll also be at Sunday's Concours d'Elegance, but as a tourist (and wearing the same hat).

I was surprised. After lunch, I found two ribbons on 1030. The first was a purple "Specialty Award". The second was a "Finalist" ribbon. When I drove up to the prize area, 1030 received an award for "Best Performance Car". I was then told to loop around and get in line for a second award. There was a Land Rover in front of me, another car behind me, and no other cars in line. I began to wonder if 1030 got a 2nd place award, but as we moved closer to the prize area, there were no cars behind me. It turned out that 1030 won "Best in Show" for the Greenwich Concours de Sport.
Tomorrow we get to be tourists at the Concours d'Elegance, but 1030 will still be on display.

This is the first time 1030 won any award at a judged Concours.

IMG_20230603_150545_856.jpg

Ben, saw your fabulous 40 on Saturday afternoon, and got to hear you move it around the park, what a terrific machine. Congratulations!

I was surprised. After lunch, I found two ribbons on 1030. The first was a purple "Specialty Award". The second was a "Finalist" ribbon. When I drove up to the prize area, 1030 received an award for "Best Performance Car". I was then told to loop around and get in line for a second award. There was a Land Rover in front of me, another car behind me, and no other cars in line. I began to wonder if 1030 got a 2nd place award, but as we moved closer to the prize area, there were no cars behind me. It turned out that 1030 won "Best in Show" for the Greenwich Concours de Sport.
Tomorrow we get to be tourists at the Concours d'Elegance, but 1030 will still be on display.

This is the first time 1030 won any award at a judged Concours.

View attachment 130268

Well done Ben.

Regards,

Graham.

Back