GT40 Brochure on Ebay: How much?!

GT40 Brochure, 1970s reprint: A good price?

The above brochure, which went for a cool £1,095.00, turned out to be a reprint from the early 1970s. Someone's offered me the same reprint, which I'm told is still pretty rare, in mint condition. I have no intention of spending anywhere near the above figure, so what do you folks consider a reasonable price for the item?

I know that there will be a few lucky souls out there who picked up a copy of the original brochure for free at their Ford dealership in 1966, or for $2.00 at their local garage sale/car boot sale, but I'm looking for your views on a fair price in today's market.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Re: GT40 Brochure, 1970s reprint: A good price?

An identical brochure sold on eBay for around $200(+/-) in the November 2003 time frame. I was offered one for around $225 by a literature dealer in the UK shortly after the November eBay sale.

I think the reprint was produced on heavier paper, although I guess without one of each it's difficult. Take one reprint, one original and a good set of weighing scales...

Rob

There have been a number of reprints on Ebay in recent months. One went for only £31.00 !

I bought one last year at the Monterey Historic Festival at Laguna, it is a reprint but still good quality, can't remember exactly what I paid though

Thanks guys.

So if I pitch it somewhere between £31 and £1,095, I shouldn't go far wrong... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

Rob

Somewhere in between ought to be just about right! Of course we can go make a good reprint today, right? I'm trying to return an "original" 917 blueprint right now that was determined to clearly be non-original once the ebayer was pressed for the blueprints providence (was represeneted to be from Vasek Polak's shop). After this $1,000+ dispute, I suggest that everybody bid their $ as if its a copy from now on unless the seller is a noteworthy party representing the legitimacy (Alain de Castenet for instance). My seller had over 500 positives on ebay and I now know that positives on ebay are not always sufficient.

I bought one in Monterey as well. The exact price escapes me, but it was a little less than 1,095 pounds...about 1,085 pounds less. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyone know of a reprint currently available in the states?

Back