GT40 mkii Top of Radiator.

18 years ago there was a question asked on what to do with the large gap between the top of the Radiator and underside of front nose clamshell? Not any good answers so time to revisit. Did original cars have the same void and what does their fix look like?
Thanks in advance.
images.jpeg

The air that comes thru the front always needs to be forced thru the radiator, and all other escaperoutes need to be eliminated for the cold intake air.
That is one of the most important aspects of cooling the car.
A great radiator won't cool any good if the air isn't forced thru it.

We make a cardboard template and form a piece out of 50 thousands aluminum it is then attached to the radiator core lip with nut-certs and rides against the fiberglass angled forward[towards the front] so air pressure pushes it to the body. I do the same on all of the cobra roadster front ends to seal them off like Daniel says, so air only flows threw the radiator. I will see if I have any pictures......m

Remember that on the originals, the front slides on in a horizontal rearwards motion. it does not pivot about a front hinge point. So it would be possible for inner duct work on the bodywork to slide up against the radiator.

Back