GT40 removal tool

Hi this is Sarto Rocheleau. I wanted to add information on how to get started and use my three eared tool.
Its a Hammer VS my three eared removal tool
Cobra over.png
IMG_3121 copy.jpg

The biggest complaint I get, is trying to remove over tightened or seized spinners off. Some have used up to 1,000 ft/lbs of force to break them loose. When using a hammer, it places all of the breaking force on one ear at a time, weakening the ear’s metal and can even break one off.

My tool applies equal force to all three ears, spreading the force evenly and prevents weakening the ears or breaking one off.
My tool was tested to over 1,200 ft/lbs, and spreads that force equally over all three ears, and able to remove the most stubborn spinners.

Before using my tool, mark the wheel and the spinner you have recently used a hammer on and used anti-seize on them. You can even use an impact wrench to UNDO a spinner. To tighten, only use a torque wrench and see how close the marks are to the original marks.

My Lotus Elan’s manual is the only printed torque setting I’ve been able to find anywhere at 200 to 220 ft/lbs.
If your spinner is seized on, use my tool to break it loose and you can use a impact wrench to break it free and then re-tighten with your hammer and remark the wheel and spinner again. Now use a torque wrench to tighten to 200 to 220 and see what it takes to get close to the marks on your wheels. You may need to increase the toque? Use anti-seize and safety wire them.

On some Hubs protrude out as much as an inch past a fully tightened spinner. My tool is designed to handle 2 inches on those long hubs.

My tool is taller and with the tall socket, it can reach into the deepest wheels and grip all three ears without trying to get a good swing with a hammer.
When tightening with a breaker bar always be pushing down to get the feel of what it takes to get your targeted torque.
Hope that helps
Sarto Rocheleau https://www.knockoffspinnertool.com/. 707-481-6700

Last edited by a moderator:
I received mine yesterday. It is absolutely of great quality, contained the socket that is also super high quality and the wheel stopper. It has a small bag to keep it all in. The price was very reasonable now that I have seen the quality and craftsmanship in the tool. Given the cost we all have in our cars, and absolute steal. Scott t (no I have no ownership in the company and have no financial interest in this post or sales for the owner. He was extremely responsive and great to talk to about the product and use)

Rod Dittmar

Supporter
Mark, I may be wrong, but I think Sarto is the main contact/supplier for these things. If you haven't already done so, you should email him to see what shipping charges would be to your location.

Just got mine the other day for my Cobra. Excellent quality and fits my wheels perfect. The only complaint I have is the socket supplied to turn it got stuck on the adapter after tightening the wheels. Had to use a rubber mallet to knock it off.

Back