Handling or acceleration?

I’m just wondering what holds most appeal to GT40 owners. For the pure joy of driving, is it the feel of straight line acceleration or is it the handling through winding roads? If you were now going to take the next step in improving your GT40, would you spend the money on the chassis or the engine?

I’ve got to say that I’ve always been a handling person myself. The lateral forces, the music of the engine as you go through the gears, apexing through the corners and the feel of control is what sports car driving is all about to me.

Attachments

• 72274-Adl_hills.JPG
    72274-Adl_hills.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 300

John B

Temp Selling Pass
For me it is hitting the perfect apex!!! Screaming down from 130mph to 30 mph into turn 5 at Road America hitting the apex jamming the clutch shifting to a lower gear and floor with very little over steer and feeling the the G force push back into your seat is the ultimate orgasm!!

Oliver

Now you got me hot!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif O O O O ahhhhhhhh...... Sombody give me a towel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoke.gif

Hi Chris,

IMO the number one appeal of a GT40 is its shape. Fortunately it has the handling chacteristics as well to make it an exceptional car, good cornering, braking and acceleration. Seeing the front window shot out of your car and the obvious driving enjoyment your GT gives you is postitive motivation for those of us nearing completion of our cars. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

Just a wild guess is that photo in the Dandenong Ranges? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Andrew

For me driving excitement has always been about the G-forces. The GT40 adds to that equation a sound like no other. I have been in lots of fine handeling cars, and around many loud race cars, but I must say hearing a sbf at full song right behind your head while experiencing the G's puts the adrenaline glands on FULL DUMP!

The only thing I need to spend more money on is fuel for my " BLUE BEAUTY ". Driving is it !!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Attachments

• 72319-blue1.jpg
    72319-blue1.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 278
Joseph,
Did you decide not to sell your Beauty? I hope so. You seem to be one of the guys here that REALLY enjoys a gt40.
If you do still have to sell your car I sure hope you stick around here and wind up with another one soon.

Chris, I like somewhere in the middle. The perfect blend of both. Perhaps it's the elusive butterfly but many do try. When you're close I can imagine it's sublime.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Just a wild guess is that photo in the Dandenong Ranges?

[/ QUOTE ]

Andrew,
That photo was taken in the Adelaide Hills. Sorry to all you South Australians. I think I may have just let your best kept secret out of the bag /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back