Hi from Western Canada

Been having a "mid-engine crisis" for a while and, as a life long builder, needed the new challenge. Kinda tough to get a new mid-engine project in this country thx to our DOT but recently located an unfinished Manta Montage T V6 project in great condition collecting dust locally. A complete backhalf of the chassis will be done on my frame bench to accommodate the LS/G85-20/C5 combination in the back. Front susp is mustang 11 for now. You folks at GT40s.com are true artists and hoping some of that rubs off here.

Neil

Supporter
Hi Dave. There is another choice to make that Montage T-Car run fast; Rex Svoboda built a beautiful McLaren M6GT replica with a Stage III Buick V6 and he ran 200 mph at Bonneville a few years ago. The Buick was a nice small package.

Attachments

• SVOBODA1.JPG
    SVOBODA1.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 235
  • SVOBODA4.JPG
    SVOBODA4.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 253
  • WOS Svoboda1.jpg
    WOS Svoboda1.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 267
Hey Neil, that was the initial plan as I've messed with 3800SCs in my sandrail. I bought a donor Olds with a series 2 in it...then scored a nice G86/20 transaxle locally as well (with an '02 Boxster thrown in ). Problem was no adapter for the V6 to that transaxle available. .Kennedy only adapts LS, SBC, SBF and Coyotes to that transaxle. Thx for the input tho...I will be looking closely at Rex's achievements with that car.. 200...wow.
And thx for the welcome folks!!

Back