If I got a Porsche 917 replica.....

Could it race at the Monterey Historics ? It is powered by a small block Chevy. I just keep picturing being on outside pole position and dive bombing into the corkscrew with a Ferrari 512s in hot pursuit as I take the lead away from Briam Redman in his old 908. Should I get back to work now ? Yes !

[ QUOTE ]
I just keep picturing being on outside pole position and dive bombing into the corkscrew with a Ferrari 512s in hot pursuit as I take the lead away from Briam Redman

[/ QUOTE ]

.... and then you woke up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

only joking! - we all dream, it's just normally when we sleep

Now I have to drag out my "24 Hours of LeMans" movie! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

It was strangely a 917 that led me to this forum, what a car.
Still would like to use a Boxster S as the Donor for a replica of a 917, you get quite a few front ended ones turn up over here.

One day

Denis Bedford

Denis Bedford
Yeah come on Fran put some, no heaps of pics here, I loooooooove the 917 if I promise to tell the world what a really good little car builder you are will you give me one????

They came with several great paint schemes other than the typical Gulf paint...

Attachments

• 68907-Porsche_917C.jpg
    68907-Porsche_917C.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,117
I heard that if I did manage to fit in it, the first time I hit anything the leg modifcation you mentioned would be carried out for me courtesy of the accident.

No Funds are far bigger obstacle.

Back