Injection stack covers?

Doug Dyar

Supporter
To follow up on my previous post, I tried two versions of the EMPI red rubber covers, and neither of them fit.

The Borla velocity stacks on my engine measure approximately 3 3/8" outside diameter, and the EMPI covers I tried are either too small or too large.

I'm intrigued by the tea strainer filtering solutions and I applaud the ingenuity, but I question what the airflow impact would be as they would seem to impede the critical flow area into the stacks at their periphery. I believe the curved entry on the Borlas is superior to the classic Weber velocity stacks.

I already own a set of the K&N filters, but I really don't like the look. I'm told by Roush that they don't affect horsepower.

Maybe the best solution for me is to build some sort of filter to fit the rear clam air intakes. Although I wonder if I'm worrying over nothing as I suspect the few thousand miles a year my car will be driven probably won't be enough to do any measurable damage to the engine, given relatively dust-free driving conditions.

Back