Insurance in the UK

It's my favourite time of year, with the insurance renewal documents arriving through my letter box
frown.gif

This year my track day cover would be "subject to insurers being notified in advance AND APPROVING (my capitals) the venue and organisers"

I spoke to the broker, who told me not to worry about that as they always will extend cover (except at the 'Ring) and only want to know where the car will be.

Of course, he would say that.

I've often been accused of being too cautious, but don't want to pay up and then have cover refused for track days.

Do any of you GT40 drivers from the UK have any advice / experience to pass on?

Thanks in advance.

Charles

I'm not an owner but I do have track day cover (via Aon) and I've had a clause like yours for several years now - it is known that some UK organisers and some overseas tracks have worse records than others and so far this is the insurers way of dealing with it - it may be viewed the thin end of the wedge but with the recent track day organiser association there is a response method to retain favourable insurance cover generally on track days

G

It appears that it is Aon who are changing their wording on cover to only covering your track day usage if they have previously approved your day out. This allows them to see how many days per year you do etc etc. If you did not notify them and get written approval in advance you are on your own. Another route out of paying up if you didn't check your small print this year.

Malcolm

Back