I'S MY TURN!!! George speaks

G

I\'S MY TURN!!! George speaks

I'm doing this for the 2nd time, maybe if I do it faster this time the server won't kick me off!!!
Mission Statement (old one) To provide standard Cobra and GT-40 parts to manufacturers and distributers while filling in one offs between production runs of standard parts.
Mission Statement (new One) provide high quality monocoque chassis and related componants to manufacturers. One offs of exact chassis with steel roof for those purists who want them.
Notice the absence of Cobra and Cobra related parts--When I was working 6 years ago as a fabrication millwright I started working on my vision of GT-40 Werks. I have build it up with parts and pieces and specialized equipment. I now have the shop completed and have the skills necessary to bring the goal to completion. In working on GT-40 componant parts I utalized a coater that did an exellent job for me. When I got my pipes competed I did not realize the timeline I had set was not the timeline the coater had. I made the pipes in sets and they were not interchangable, none of the pipes or canesters in the sets could be interchanged. Since I was trying to save about $300.00 per set for coating I stayed with this coater. As he had done a good job for me in the past I felt I could cut him some slack when he ran into some problems and the time ran on. I was not happy either as I was the customer in this case and was unable to effect a change in the timeline of the completion of the projects. In the end everything was behind and I was powerless to change as the parts were already sent. I have learned a painful lesson in that I will not recommend the coating or coater but will simply send parts to the customer to have coated or to the place they say (then they can deal with the coater and I am not in the loop) Now you know the rest of the story. . . George

Back