Lake meade is dead...........................

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
"If a gas or coal plant blows up...." If only it was as simple as that, and the only concern with fossil fuels. All powerplants have risks. A simple comparison of damage/deaths caused by fossil plants vs the nuke plants, and our current climate issue makes the comparison more stark with each passing year, or wasted decade. There are some pretty good nuclear designs out there, and yeah, cost is an issue, but that has always been an issue with the solution to nearly every problem humans create. But avoiding the cost of the solution is just making our current problem more expensive with each passing year. Fossil's time has come and gone, with the need to look beyond it was seen 30 years ago.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
"If a gas or coal plant blows up...." If only it was as simple as that, and the only concern with fossil fuels. All powerplants have risks. A simple comparison of damage/deaths caused by fossil plants vs the nuke plants, and our current climate issue makes the comparison more stark with each passing year, or wasted decade. There are some pretty good nuclear designs out there, and yeah, cost is an issue, but that has always been an issue with the solution to nearly every problem humans create. But avoiding the cost of the solution is just making our current problem more expensive with each passing year. Fossil's time has come and gone, with the need to look beyond it was seen 30 years ago.

Fossil fuel is not just an energy source. It's used as a raw material from which we make countless items we use every day.
What should we use as a 'replacement' raw material to make those?

On second thought, I withdraw the question!
I can see where this might be headed! ;-)

A sincere G'Day to ya, Mr. 'O'...

Neil

Supporter
What back up does Les Vagas have if the lake dries out completely, if and what are the options ?
Lake Mead drying up completely would occur only if the Colorado River stopped flowing. This river drains the snowmelt from the Rocky Mountains- I can't imagine a year without snow or rain.

Howard Jones

Supporter
sorry........................anyway, the lowest inlet pipe is low enough that water for drinking will always be available for Vegas as long as the river flows at least moderate rates. However, the political deal that the states cut ( Colorado, Nevada, California, and Arizona) limits water use if that happens and only Nevada gets drinking water, and at that level much less little power. Everybody else gets nada. At least that's what I have been able to find online. I'll post references if I can find them again.

Again sorry.

Back