Marchal 653 light glass

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
I have just got myself a pair of front lights, however one of them seems to be a 652 (fog) light rather than the 653 (driving) light.

does anyone have the glass lens for a 653, that I could purchase or swap for the 652 lens?

regards

Richard

I have the 652 spot lamp and would be happy to buy the one you have to make a pair should you find the fog lens you are looking for. I have posted both types for reference.

Regards

Stephen

Attachments

• Low res 652.jpg
    Low res 652.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 680
  • TP 653 Marchal.jpg
    TP 653 Marchal.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 745

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
Hi Steve

maybe I am confused - I am after the spot lens - which I thought was the 653. You are saying the 652 is the spot?

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
I have just checked - you are correct - the 652 is the spot and the 653 is the fog.

It is the 652 lens I am after. :eek:

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
Having just received them and checked available space in the lower ight pod - does anyone have any fitting instructions or pics of some fitted? Space is, to say the least, tight! I assumed that the were fitted into the rear face of the light pod, but they could, i suppose be mounted from the top on the mounting fixing supplied with the light. If fitted into the rear face - are the lenses fitted from the front, or back?

I also have a pair of Marchal IODE750 lights which are slightly smaller and therefore easier to fit.

I am now torn as to fit the 652/3's or the 750's - The 652/3's would be more "original", but I would think the IODE750's would be more powerful.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Hi Richard - I made a card template of the lens first to get it straight before cutting the openings for my Marchals. I installed them from behind so just the lens protrudes. It's a tight fit and you might have to sand down the inside fiberglass mounting area for them to seat flat. I also used L488 indicators, tossed out the chrome ring and trimmed the rubber boot to fit better.

I can snap a few pics if you want reference.

Chris

Hi Richard,

Hopefully these help, let me know if you need anymore. The original holes were cut for the spot lamp and indicator supplied by MDA but since then I've changed many parts to original where possible. Everything needs a clean-up and I will probably put a small bead of sealant around the glass.

The L488's are shown after trimming the rubber boot and tossing out the chrome ring.

Chris

Attachments

• Marchal install_01.jpg
    Marchal install_01.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 556
  • Marchal install_02.jpg
    Marchal install_02.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 444
  • L488 indicators.jpg
    L488 indicators.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 434
  • L488_1.jpg
    L488_1.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 353

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
Thanks Chris. Thats brilliant.
I take it you aren't going to fit any of the chrome surrounds - just the lenses? I already have indicators fitted, so will have to possibly move them. But yo pics show me everything I need.

Getting rid of the chrome ring gave me more room to play with & I didn't like the chrome anyway so it worked out for me. The L488 lens seats snugly in it's rubber grommet so there is no issues of it falling out with the ring removed.

Happy to assist-

Cheers

Chris

Back