MD. Racing Team of 60's- "Scuderia Bear"

Greetings GT-40 enthusiasts, my name is Gary Tatman, I live in Glen Burnie, MD and I hand-carve endurance racing sportscars from mahogany, in some of the most intricately detailed, scaled replicas, ever created. I was reading the BS Levy book, "The 200 mph Steamroller" and was surprised to read of the Md. based Racing Team Scuderia Bear, founded by Bill McKelvy. I've hand-carved a 66' Ford GT-40, of which Scuderia Bear raced in the day. If anyone might have any info, photos or contact info for anyone associated with the team and would be willing to share, I'd certainly be in your debt.

I'm including a few photos of the GT-40 carving, hope you like them! If you have any comments or info, please contact me at, [email protected]

Have a Wonderful Evening and Keep the Revs Up!!!

Gary

Hi Gary: I have enjoyed Mr. Levy's books and am looking forward to the next one in the current series.

I wanted to mention that a company called Vintage Racing Miniatures offers decals for the Fujimi 1/24 GT40 Mk I kits to model the Scuderia Bear 1966 Sebring entry. More information can be found here:

GT40 MK1

I hope that this helps you in some way.

PS: A friend of mine in Sweden has used the Fujimi kit and the VRM decals to produce a 1/24 scale slot car.

post-4-0-85087600-1367596417.jpg

post-4-0-10465900-1367596419.jpg

post-4-0-44128300-1367596418.jpg

Hi Gary,
I wanted to set the record straight. Scuderia Bear was my fathers racing team. It was based in Pittsburgh PA I actually have the the original invoice for that car (Chassis 1029) It was totaled in practice for the 65 Le Mans.

Back