"New"351 Cleveland blocks

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Do you have any idea what sort of casting date they will carry? It could make a difference for some of us regarding registration.

Thanks, Jim. I think maybe Dave Wharren mentioned these in one of his posts, but not the cast iron ones, just the aluminum.

Love those Clevelands!!!

Doug

Doug, as of yet Tod hasn't mentioned any thing about casting dates. I don't think any one ever thought about it to tell you the truth. I will bring it up on the forum and see what people say. I would think that we would want the oldest date, right? Something like D0Z...... or D1Z.....

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Doug, as of yet Tod hasn't mentioned any thing about casting dates. I don't think any one ever thought about it to tell you the truth. I will bring it up on the forum and see what people say. I would think that we would want the oldest date, right? Something like D0Z...... or D1Z.....

You're right about the dating on the block. In many states, not only the "Year" the car is registered as, but also the emissions requirements enforced are dependent on the year of the motor. A D0Z would be best--you want the earliest possible casting date so that the emission gestapos won't make you put catalytic converters on.

If I'm not mistaken Dove is making an alloy FE block with a very early casting date that is becoming very popular with the Cobra crowd.

Doug

Doug, I brought it up on the forum. Nothing yet. It is still very early in the development stage so we have plenty of time to catch it yet. Also not sure how Tod is going to market this block. From what I understand drag racing (NHRA) won't allow an after market block unless it is OEM, or NHRA approves it. So the plot thickens.

Back