New kid on the block

The main reason I want to build an slc is to gain a better understanding of the inner workings of a high performance car. I hope to me day make my own version of Gran Turismo's X2011 car. I obviously won't be getting an slc for a few years as I'm only 18, and am looking at 6 years in the armed forces. Obviously, as a kid I played tons of videogames. A large portion of that happens to be Gran Turismo. I also like looking up stuff about cars online and what can make them faster. I'd like to think I know more than the average person (not on the forum) about forced induction, aerodynamics, downforce, and suspension. I'm no genius, but I like to think I can get a grasp on new concepts fairly fast. My dream car before I found out about the slc was the corvette, for it's handling prowess. Questions welcomed. {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
{\fonttbl}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;}
}

welcome to the forums. we are much alike as im a youngin myself (21) with a dream too. and yes, i am into the racer games myself. more open world racer like need for speed and such. not so much the sims like GT. theres plenty of info to find on these forums. the SLC is a nice car if you like vettes. i believe their designed to house a LS motor but dont take my word on that. another great kit car if you like vettes is the Factory Five GTM, a corvette based supercar. motor, suspension etc. check it out if your not familiar. 0-60 is 3 seconds flat. i got the honor to sit in one in a car show and gosh was it awesome! my dream car is the ford gt, but thats way outside my wallet so someday i hope to happily settle with one of these GT40 replicas. given a few years time i hope to have a 40 of my own. once again welcome and youve come to the right place for a wealth of information.

Back