Newbie from the UK

Hi all- Love the forum. Very informative, seems full of genuine enthusiasts which is a great thing in the car world.

I'm from the UK, I do love a tasty motor and the GT40 definately tickles my tastebuds....but my main love is (amazingly) French.
I Think you may know this car for it's superb transaxle (Or gearbox as we call it)- The Renault 21 Turbo (AKA Medallion in the US but you guys never got the Turbo version)
The UN1 Type 13 transmission is hugely popular with kitcar's and replica's and unfortunately has dwindled the numbers of 21T in the UK somewhat but about 400 are still going strong including about 40 of the awesome 4wd 'Quadra' version (With a UN7 transmission featuring a viscous coupling)

I Was directed here by a member from eBay where I sold a UN1 Clutch fork to him. I'm also only a few miles from Chris @ Mach one Transmissions (He's a really great guy) and he drops by my place now and again. One day i'll have enough £££ to buy one of those Quaiffe LSD's.....I will. Honest.

Enough rambling....here's some pics of the 21's, my Grey 2wd and white Quadra 4wd....hope you like em!

resize001-1.jpg

resize003.jpg

Welcome Dave :)

As you've already found, the UN1 is a very popular trans on here, with plenty of upgrade paths/options too.

Possibly getting a little long in the tooth for some of the more powerfull motors being used, but still a great unit.

Enjoy the forum, most things UN1 related have been discussed here so 'soak it up'.....:)

Back