Original Mk1 Wiper Blade.

Peter Barnes

Supporter
Can anyone help me with the original Trico wiper blade as in the photos.

Are reproductions available ?

Or does anyone have one which I could loan to make one ?

Thanks, Peter

Peter Sutcliffe  P1009.jpgP1040.jpg

I offered US$3k for a NOS one 2 years ago but the guy wasn’t interested.
My restored original blade is presently sitting on an original concourse street car and the owner wants to buy it for similar money but I need it myself .
There’s 7 injection moulding tools needed for all the different plastic pieces. No one is crazy enough to remanufacture them correctly yet. The plastic pieces are too thin and fragile to 3D print.
The rubber blades are also special and need remanufacturing with the correct pattern & markings.

Attachments

• D97233FB-728E-4F2B-9100-34BCBAE8C187.png
    D97233FB-728E-4F2B-9100-34BCBAE8C187.png
    863.6 KB · Views: 261

Peter Barnes

Supporter
I offered US$3k for a NOS one 2 years ago but the guy wasn’t interested.
My restored original blade is presently sitting on an original concourse street car and the owner wants to buy it for similar money but I need it myself .
There’s 7 injection moulding tools needed for all the different plastic pieces. No one is crazy enough to remanufacture them correctly yet. The plastic pieces are too thin and fragile to 3D print.
The rubber blades are also special and need remanufacturing with the correct pattern & markings.

Hi Paul,

Than you for your input.

I had no idea originals would be so valuable ! I agree, too expensive to injection mould for a small batch.

Best wishes, Peter.

Peter Barnes

Supporter
We had a meeting this week and we have decided to make a few functional spares of these.

View attachment 123830

Hi James,

I recall you saying you might make copies and that you would use Aluminium for fittings. I have been giving some thought to making myself, but using white nylon , machining from solid.

Good to see progress on your build too.

Best wishes, Peter.

Could some of the parts not be 3d printed these days.
they are 3d printing lugs for bicycle frames and f1 suspension parts.

I am aware of this company, which makes some high end parts for complicated structural assemblies. Should be lots of places in the UK that could do it as well.
Additive Manufacturing | RAM3D

Peter Barnes

Supporter
I take it that you have loaned an original then ?

Hi James.

No , I have not yet been able to measure an original.

At this stage I am basing my trials on the Speed blade and guesstimating dimensions, the wire size being 3/32" diam.

Cheers, Peter

Back