Our Predator SLC is loaded in the race trailer for Saturday at Homestead Speedway te

Re: Our Predator SLC is loaded in the race trailer for Saturday at Homestead Speedway

The GT Brembo floating rotors work great and are within the budjet.

The Brake package we installed is in the area of about 9,000.00 installed on the car with the fabrication.

Ernie

Re: Our Predator SLC is loaded in the race trailer for Saturday at Homestead Speedway

Ernie, that Predator SLC of yours is a serious bit of kit. Just love those brakes.

I bet you can't wait for the next race meeting.

Thanks for the update and photos. :)

I am truly excited about what you are reporting.

Obviously the car exhibited no unexecpected tendecies from the sound of it. I have driven an Lg preped C6 at the autbahn country club, so how does this compare to your C6 as far as predictability and ease of use.

I've read about titanium rotors being able to shave 12lbs or so of unsprung weight off of each corner - 50lbs total (that's a lot for a 2000lb car).

I don't see you using them. Is it because they're too expensive, don't work, or some other reason.

thx.

I did some research on these some years ago. I went so far as to talk to the rep at Red Devil who sells them. The only racers who use these are circle trackers. I know Mosler tried them out on a MT900 for a magazine shoot out and found them so bad that they were taken off for safety purposes. To be fair that was attributed to improper bedding of the brake pads. At this time Brembo, System ST and Movit all offer carbon ceramic brake systems for Corvettes. Check out the tech behind the System ST rotors. It is very interesting. Full kits including calipers are 14-15k.

Please excuse my language but bloody hell they are a tight fit under those rims!

Glad you all had a successful day, coming back is the most important thing.

Girf, I've been looking at the System ST stuff for a while now, but it doesn't seem that they are open to the consumer, seems like they are only open for business to business, where have you seen their Corvette system for sale, in fact have you got links to all three of the CC brake systems you mentioned?

Monoblock calipers....mmmm..... are they water cooled or anything?

As I recall Movit and SystemST are really branches of the same tree. Movits web site has applications available for the Corvette which I assume is the same lug spacing as on the SL-c.

movit - the brakes for CHEVROLET

I know some Ultima folks in GB were pricing out these through SystemST which is based in GB.

According to one of the Brembo reps you can buy the Brembo ceramic rotors for any big brake kit they make. They do supply the rotors on the ZR1. However if the sales literature is to be believed (and I lack the knowledge to discern if it is or is not) the wound method of construction of the Movit/SystemST brakes seams to be the newer (better?) technology.

Back