Period race suit

Marcus, Fred, Dwight,
Many thanks for the pointers.
Fred, racewear.co.uk seems to fit the bill their suit looks the business.
Marcus, the German suit is a little more expensive by comparison.
Thanks again.
John

I wish I could get into my suit. If I remember correctly, I bought my suit from the Hinchman Co. Indianapolis, Indiana back in 1971. You would just order the "Goodyear" suit. It seemed everyone wore them. It was a one piece, one layer for $150.00 USD, I used two layers of Nomex underware with the suit and the SCCA would pass it. I can't believe I was that thin back then. That Nomex must shink a lot over time....... I wonder if I sent it back to Hinchman, if they would let out the middle a little.

Frpguy

Are you reffering to the Gulf race suit you have ?
I am looking for one and have the Vintage Dunlop Blue FIA one in case of interest.

Fred

That German suit is actually made by Stand 21. I saw this in person, it's a top-notch driving suit. I was trying to find one through/from Stand 21 but haven't been successful.

I also have some of the AtoZ stuff and it's very nice. We use their denim jackets as crew jackets.

Firebird5.jpg

Fred/Belgium,
Yes! I guess everyone is calling the "Goodyear" driving suit the "Gulf" driving suit now-a-days. I would venture a guess that the Hinchman co. in Indianapolis, Indians USA made all the "Goodyear" suits back then. I think if you were a pro driver racing in a pro series, Goodyear would give you a driving suit. It had a big "GOODYEAR" patch across the back. I wish I could post a picture. I'll figure that out some day.

Back