Powdercoating the chassis

I just got a quote from a local merchant who is going to blast, and then powdercoat my mono chassis, front and rear steel structures, rear bulkhead, fuel pump mounting panels, front section aluminum panels, upper suspension mounting blocks, roll bar, all the access panels, and coil springs.

$1500

Sure seems high

charlie c

Lifetime Supporter
Geez that seems like a bargain. Any operation that can blast and bake a car-sized object is not a backyard shop. It's easy to spend a grand just blasting a car shell, never mind the powdercoating....

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Bill, We get powder-coating done for various sign and exhibit components and based on the size and complexity of a GT40 chassis, that seems pretty reasonable to me as well. I doubt a simple blast & paint would be a lot less, but it sure wouldn't be as durable. Still, it's a big cost to swallow when cash is tight.

Can't wait to see pics of the painted car and to see what color scheme you finally decided on. I hope all is well.

Mark

Bill,
we charge $1000 to supply the chassis done during the initial build, again we have the advantage of having multiple vendors and we get a better price but $1500 for all the panels in and out, bulkhead, access covers etc ect ...is not out of line...

Thanks everyone. I don't feel so bad now. I just didn't figure it would cost sooooooo much!!

But he assures me I'll love the end result.

Next Tuesday!!!!

Back