Quickjack - Load Spreading

Kyle

Supporter
I wouldn’t worry about the wood or the rubber. Just straight on the jacks. Here is my SLC on them. My opinion, but you want as much surface contact as possible. Admittedly I don’t know what the underside of a GT40 looks like but I’m sure there’s plenty of flat spots.

1F9AB63C-0C3A-4CEF-AD16-C3BADFE1C5DB.jpeg

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Not that this pic is much help (its all I have here), but I suspect that you’d be hard pressed to tell the bottom side of an RCR40 and SL-C apart...
9F82CFAA-33FA-48DE-821D-F53CB4C7E552.jpeg

Neville B

Supporter
Hello
Sorry to bump this again but getting ready to purchase these now I have a Tornado Chassis anyone got some advice on which model to buy and whether anyone has used these with a Tornado
Thanks

Andrew

Supporter
I'm all for some unnecessary purchasing but looking back over the build of mine this lift would be more of a hindrance than help. Just get some really nice high jack stands to give you maximum space to work underneath the car

Neville B

Supporter
Hello Bill
I do have a build stand with casters which I bought from Tornado I also have some wheel dollies, but I getting on and off the Build stand is a palaver so I was looking for something a bit easier, thanks for the reply though

Howard Jones

Supporter
Better yet, These are at least 25 years old and still being used all the time. High enough to claw under the car, cheap to build, Can be used to move the car around to work on it or simply store it on. I used them to move the car from out under the hoist when I remove the engine/gearbox. Note: buy the cheapest wheels you can find. The weight on each wheel is very low. With a 2000 car it's about 130 pounds each. I used 6-inch wheels.

Attachments

• HPIM0613.jpg
    HPIM0613.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 75

Neville B

Supporter
Better yet, These are at least 25 years old and still being used all the time. High enough to claw under the car, cheap to build, Can be used to move the car around to work on it or simply store it on. I used them to move the car from out under the hoist when I remove the engine/gearbox. Note: buy the cheapest wheels you can find. The weight on each wheel is very low. With a 2000 car it's about 130 pounds each. I used 6-inch wheels.
Thanks

Back