RCR Visit - Nov 15

I wanted to take a moment to thank Fran, Vicky, and Jasper for giving us a thorough tour of the RCR facility last week. A special treat indeed. For anyone considering a GT 40 Replica, do yourself a favor and visit RCR. There certainly is a lot of internet opinion and speculation about this builder and that. Cut through the internet noise and go to the source. There may very well be reasons why you choose something other than an RCR, but it won't be for lack of stunning engineering, build quality, passionately assembled kits, and bins of parts inventory when that becomes a need. I admit to having a favorable impression of RCR from the internet, but after seeing RCR in person, I am more impressed than I would have imagined. Fran's personal dedication to his product is second to none. The fact that he is less than an hour a way - well, my decision is just about made.

I've seen others comment on wives being impressed. My girlfriend (not really a car person) was volunteering to put in 10 hours a weekend to help me build. She was as impressed as I was. However, I will likely go the route of an experienced/paid builder recommended by Fran.

Next steps are to put a couple of the current toys on the market (SPF Cobra, and Viper GTS) to generate some seed money for the project. Hope to be back talking with Fran in short order.

Back