Registration queries in UK

This is going to be a stupid question me thinks but i'm going to ask it anyway, i have looked and cant find anything that's relevant to the UK on here in the last 5 years so here goes;

Vehicle Registration:
I see replica cars on here have a period registration i.e. D/E/F reg. How do you get that, is that part of how you register with the IVA with the engine block age or is it a reg from another car ported over. If anyone can point me in the direction of the info i'm glad to dig it up myself but have not had much luck so far.

IVA:
If you can only have one reconditioned part on the car which is usually the engine how does everyone with 01E & UN1 gearboxes manage it?

Cheers
Spike

Hi Spike,

I think best option is to try and get a new reg and then you can put any older reg on it.

For my two previous cars the engine was purchased rebuilt with a receipt (and therefore considered "new" I believe).

Although, to be honest, the gearbox in my cobra is brand new so I don't have the exact same issue.

Cheers
Mark

Mike Pass

Supporter
The usual is to get the car through IVA and registered with a curent reg number and then get a period registration number transferred. The rule is that you can transfer an older number but not a more modern one. My GTD is 1998 but I transferred a 1966 number onto it so it looks more in keeping. Not very expensive as there are lots of spare period numbers and little demand apart from us old car fans. About 200 pounds in total from what I remember. I also chose a reg that looks like an Isle of Man number.
I will send you an email.
Cheers
Mike

Back