Rose-joint alignment

Thanks Chris

On the top picture you can clearly see the caster strut(roll bar) in Front of the car, attaching to the lower control arm. They is also a large strut from the rear wheel well to the mid section of the upright.

The rose joints are not alone in support of the structure to manage braking and turning forces. They would appear to have minimum loading!

'Invisible strut"

capaci said:
Thanks Chris

On the top picture you can clearly see the caster strut(roll bar) in Front of the car, attaching to the lower control arm.

((----They is also a large strut from the rear wheel well to the mid section of the upright.----))

The rose joints are not alone in support of the structure to manage braking and turning forces. They would appear to have minimum loading!

I think you will find that " strut" is part of the roll cage or a chassis brace tube.

Jac Mac

I think you will find that " strut" is part of the roll cage or a chassis brace tube.

could be both, however what does it end up doing...??? Supporting the front end of the car, of course the supports the suspension setup for added stiffness.

It does not support the Rose Joint directly I agree. No Big deal. It still does its job in support, if it was removed the joint would be loaded differently..

Howard Jones

Supporter
Here's a couple of pictures of TRANSAM cars front upper a-arms. If you look closely you can see that in the top picture that this design is using both orientations on the same A-arm. Go figure!

Oh, and if you are wondering what the rear hatch damper is for on the bottom picture, it is a potentiometer. As the suspension moves through its travel range this supplies the telemetry with the input for the R/F suspension travel. The team member I asked said they were interested in how close they were to full bottoming under braking. This is a very serious Corvette team. The top car is a jag. Also of note is the roll bar pillow block right above the shock mount.

Attachments

• HPIM0126.jpg
    HPIM0126.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 510
  • HPIM0129.jpg
    HPIM0129.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 7,820
Last edited:
capaci said:
Thanks Chris

On the top picture you can clearly see the caster strut(roll bar) in Front of the car, attaching to the lower control arm. They is also a large strut from the rear wheel well to the mid section of the upright.

From memory, what appears to be a sway bar (roll bar) is the front section of the lower wish bone. I don't remember there being a sway bar at all, but that may have just been removed at the time.

The "strut" does not connect to the upright. It enters the wheel arch from the rear and then exits again into the chassis. Its a solid un-moving part of the crash protection. You can see it more clearly in the first post of this thread.

Last edited:
Chris

Very Good.

Notice the pictures Howard posted. See the box Lattice structure that supports the rose Joint bracket assy. Notice your first picture there is no box structure around the rose joint bracket. The strut as picture provide this addition support to the front end for suspension support.

The Transam Car has a very more advanced setup!

Both pictures have struts for stiffness that support the front suspension. Yes they also provide crash protection.

best

Back