Safir GT40 considered original?

So I'm working on educating myself on GT40's. Basically, I'm a bit torn between purchasing a CAV, SPF, or Safir GT40 or an '05-06 Ford GT.
I understand they are completely different animals. I was close to pulling the trigger on the '05-06 FGT and had deposit sent, etc., but PPI results were a deal breaker. In the meantime, I've been intrigued with what a "real" GT40 would be like to experience on the road.
So here is a question: I've talked to one individual who is selling a Safir and he insists that they are "real" GT40's and not replicas, tributes, or continuations. What is the consensus on this? Would appreciate to learn how the Safir is received and viewed in the car world as the price is a premium. Also would like to know how the Superformance is viewed. I spoke with Hillbanks and was told that "this is not a kit car or replica. It is as real as you can get and is a continuation." The CAV seems like it is just a nice replica and doesn't seem to make any big claims with the exception of being the only licensed manufacture to be able to use the true Gulf colors.
Thanks for the input, and correct me anywhere I'm wrong.

in my opinion, Safir has the DNA and not the 20 mill price...... I have seen three and they are the most beautiful, well built cars in the world....There are many makers of gt40 cars, many of great quality, but you can not fake DNA. That is why they are included in many books as Mark V cars, an original. Yes, I know, made in the 80's, but there is a reason they have gone up in value, not down.

Back