Sean's RCR 40

Well it's been a long wait, but I can finally see the light on the other side of the tunnel. The car went to paint in April of last year, it took a while to get it done because there were other projects in front of it that had delays, which in turn slowed down the progress on my car. I'm very happy with how it's turned out and can't wait to get it back together.

130.jpg131.jpg132.jpg133.jpg135.jpg136.jpg137.jpg138.jpg139.jpg

Attachments

• 134.jpg
    134.jpg
    470.1 KB · Views: 368

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
Sean, I love the color. I recommend 3M or a similar paint protection film on much of that beautiful car!

Sean, I love the color. I recommend 3M or a similar paint protection film on much of that beautiful car!
Thank you Dave, I’m definitely planning on doing some protective film. I made the mistake of not doing it on my cobra and that won’t happen again.

Davidmgbv8

Supporter
Curious what are the recommended areas for paint protection film? Between the headlights from the hood opening down to the radiator opening? or more?
What should be done about the area on the bottom side of the radiator is there a good thick mil film to put there for low clearance scratches?

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
Here's where I put paint protection film on my car, and what I'd recommend.
- The entire front end
- The entire rocker panels
- The lip around the rear wheel wells where rocks would hit the paint

Paint protection film is far less expensive than repainting your car. I don't think any film would protect your front clip from clearance scratches, however.

Vinny P

Supporter
Great build, awesome color. I can see some great ideas and planning went into it. I placed an order with RCR a month ago, Prestige Motors is building the motor 351/427w and Borla stacks EFI 575 HP?. I was lucky enough to buy a ZF gearbox from Fran. I'm having RCR mount the body panels and latches, I figured it would save some time with the build but it seems that you had some issues? Overall is it worth having done? How did your motor and pulleys line up with the firewall (clearance) with the ZF gearbox combo? I know my deck height will be higher but I think otherwise the block is the same as yours. Hope your enjoying your GT40. Thanks, Vinny

Great build, awesome color. I can see some great ideas and planning went into it. I placed an order with RCR a month ago, Prestige Motors is building the motor 351/427w and Borla stacks EFI 575 HP?. I was lucky enough to buy a ZF gearbox from Fran. I'm having RCR mount the body panels and latches, I figured it would save some time with the build but it seems that you had some issues? Overall is it worth having done? How did your motor and pulleys line up with the firewall (clearance) with the ZF gearbox combo? I know my deck height will be higher but I think otherwise the block is the same as yours. Hope your enjoying your GT40. Thanks, Vinny
PM Sent

Vinny P

Supporter
Car looks amazing, great color choice, gaps and fit look factory. Its hard to tell in the photo's but did you go with the 2" flares or stock quarters? It looks like you went with the 10" wide wheels in the rear. I'm aiming for a similar look and stance. Thanks for your feedback on the body panels and engine placement.

Car looks amazing, great color choice, gaps and fit look factory. Its hard to tell in the photo's but did you go with the 2" flares or stock quarters? It looks like you went with the 10" wide wheels in the rear. I'm aiming for a similar look and stance. Thanks for your feedback on the body panels and engine placement.
Those are just the natural, not enhanced curves

Hey Sean, incredible build (I just saw the completed video montage you posted on YouTube). I’m looking at ordering a kit from RCR in the next month or so and building it similar to how you’ve done. I was wondering how well the raptor liner you sprayed on the chassis has adhered to the aluminum since you first sprayed it on. I’ve been toying with the idea of powder coating the frame but like the idea of using raptor liner, since I’ve had experience using it in the past on truck accessories.

I was also wondering if you’d had a chance to weigh the car now that it’s finished?

Randy Folsom

Supporter
Sean,
The video is awesome. Nice that your boys are able to join in on the fun. I am hopeful that my RCR40 will be delivered by the end of September.
Cheers, Randy

Back