Seats

Im looking for a set of ford gt seats. Sparco wont sell them. Anyone know where I can find a set or have a set made from a set of racing seats?

james, an fyi, have been searching for new seats for my cav gt. have found the sparco rev plus seat will fit width wise, apprx 18.5". then we will cut down the top of the seat, just above the belt pass throughs to make the seat low enough to fit, approx 32"
reason for all this is i'm 5'5" , the original 40 seats just dont work for my size and i like to sit more upright

Well I am not sure what to do. I really want the look of the open vented hole look like the gt has. I would not need to cut the seat as it is going in my mustang (working college student wont be able to get my gt for a few years). I have changed the look of my car and am adding some major upgrades and big power. The cars look is fairly original and I am trying to incorporate the gt/Shelby look into it. I don't know if I would be able to afford gt seats even if I found them but If I knew where to get material pre-made with the holes like that I may be able to have a clone set made or make them myself. I'm not sure how they formed the leather like that. I though about buying the aluminum ring inserts and pad leather then cut and add them in to look like a gt seat. I saw a clone set on ebay but they dissapeared in a few hours and I was kicking myself for not buying them.

Attachments

• GT seat.jpg
    GT seat.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 633
There is a guy named Steve Hemstock .He did all the custom interiors on the gtx1 cars .If anyone could duplicate the ford gt seats it would be him. He just did some custom seat work for me .His phone # is 715-702-2727 .Best of luck :thumbsup:

Attachments

• gt seat.jpg
    gt seat.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 685
Back