Steam fitting question

Will this be OK? To clear my throttle linkage plate I have bent the stock hard line to go under it. This does create a high spot in the line coming off the passenger side. Should I source new individual plugs and run them independent to the reservoir? I have heard the flow through these lines is actually pretty impressive, which suggests to me the slight descent in the line would not be enough to trap significant air.

Impressions please... Thanks.

Attachments

• Steam line.jpg
    Steam line.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 356
Most of the serious racers I've seen running the LS type engines (DP,Grand AM,WC) tap the outlets in the head for pipe threads and install a pipe thread to -3 fitting.Then run -3 (brake/gauge tube) to the header/fill tank.I currently run the setup such as yous(albeit without the dip under the bracket),but will convert to the other method this spring/summer when I update some things.
Hope this helps!

Dave D.

This seems to be the generally accepted method for routing the steam vents on LS engines. Think of it as another small coolant line rather than steam and it may become clearer. It should go into the expansion tank (at top), never into an overflow tank if used.

Back