Superlite GTA

Kasey...the wheel base on the GTA is a lot longer than the Mitsubishi and the suspension is non donor front and rear so while a nice thought...not really doable.

ok thanks. Something mustve happened i checked spam folders as well. anyways to verify email it is jason.jasr at gmail.com

Hmm, Thanks for the info. Wheelbase is rumored to be about 103in earlier in this thread and wikipedia puts the 7g Galant right at 103.7in.

The suspension on the eclipse and 7g are also interchangeable as the knuckles,LCA,UCA, Calipers, and Sway Bars are the same.

I know a lot of people won't see the point of it but to each there own is the way I see it :lipsrsealed:

Guess I got to wait and see how it will all go together.

GTA is 103 but the Eclipse is only 98.8 and as thats the cabin being used... all other GTA specific components will be matched to that package and will not interchange with any other Mitsubishi
We are not using any Mitsu. suspension components so whatever the OEM interchanges are is irrelevant..sorry

Fran,

With all the options out there, how did you decide on the Eclipse platform? Also, what will the donor prep service consist of? Thanks.

The reason for choosing the platform I did are too numerous to list but some of the more important ones were availability, cost, interior package size, aftermarket support for interior and engine, ease of engine modification,window shape, standard spec of OEM items...

The cabin prep will only be available for cabins/donors we source or approve....as we will have to make sure that the cabins are suitable for modification...namely no rust repairs needed..it will include all necessary sheetmetal changes and installation of the body/chassis/suspension package...no electrical or plumbing mods will be provided.

Huh. And I thought is was because of the 28" wheels.

Monster+Mitsubishi+Eclipse+1.jpg

^^ Ha Ha, I've got my eyes on a few donors that are rolling shells and no rust.
Back to suspension, were there any details released on what type of suspension design the GTA will use?

As has been mentioned previously in this thread the suspension will all be the norm ofr us...billet with big brakes and rod end adjustability.
Coilovers on all four corners...no pushrod though.

Psycho...no it does not ...we will not be providing drivetrains...potentially only the sheetmetal

If you read my response I only mention cabin prep..I do not mention drivetrain....many donors are available minus engine and trans....making them even more affordable....
You can obviously source your own donor and do the prep yourself without too much trouble...we will not be held responsible for drivetrains as we have no way of knowing condition .

Back