Suspension noise

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
I've got about 20miles on the car now and was really surprised with how much creaking noise is coming from, I think, the suspension. Is this normal?

I've got about 20miles on the car now and was really surprised with how much creaking noise is coming from, I think, the suspension. Is this normal?

With my SLC's first impression while driving I had a lot of popping, creaking with steering and suspension inputs, I lubed every heim joint made BIG difference.

The other area that may cause some popping /creaking is on the springs, as they compress and rebound they may twist on the perches, this is what I've seen on other coil over applications of non SLC race cars.

To the builders that have the time and the car apart I would recommend Dow Corning 321,this stuff is the best I have ever seen, it's a mixture of molybdenum, once sprayed on and dries it doesn't come off. To neatly apply it, the joint needs removed, cleaned, spray a small cup full and then paint the friction faces of the joint and the wear area of the bolt. reassemble when dry. Your joints will last twice as long and be smooth.

Last edited:
Back