The inside story of the fastest Fords by Ludvigsen

Does anyone know the book "The inside story of the fastest Fords" by Karl Ludvigson?

I just came across this title while researching something else, but cannot remember ever having seen the book before. Is it any good and worth the $ 52,- they are asking for it?

John

Basically it was a compilation of sequential articles by him on the GT40 story in the Style Auto magazine (in three part). It cover the early years including the design conceptions, influences of the Mustang 1 and Lola GT MK6. Ending in the J-car, MKIV, G-7A story. It does go more in detail for the technical side of thing i.e. Tests on chassis and structure rigidity. For its time it was a great book to have. I have the original (1970) and the reissue (1971). As well as some of the Style Auto magazines. I think a stock of the reissue was found and sold off in the 1980's priced at £7.95p. You would have to see it before making a judgement;especially if you have the other main GT40 books. But personally I still think its a worthwhile book to have. I think I have seen some booksellers trying to get £70+ for it!!??? but I do not buy GT40 books for investment!
Regards Allan

Last edited:

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
I have a copy. Not worth that price. If there is something in particular you'd like to see I'm happy to look.

Thanks guys.
I think I am like most of us and have some books and magazines on cars that I collect. I think I have all the major books on the GT40, just didn't know this one.

So it might be nice to add to the collection, but not at this price.

John

Thanks guys.
I think I am like most of us and have some books and magazines on cars that I collect. I think I have all the major books on the GT40, just didn't know this one.

So it might be nice to add to the collection, but not at this price.

John

The cheapest but probably the hardest would to find the three part Style Auto magazines.

Regards Allan

I have this book as well as the one by Trevor Legate. I'm in the process of getting rid of a lot of stuff, the 2 books , some models & 1/18 die casts, so if you want to give me your postal code, I'll get you a quote on shipping and you can make me an offer.

LMK,
Cheers,
Eric.

Back