Trip to Australia

Hallo Robert,
I will be making a trip to Downunder and be in Melbourne from 10.-22.Feb03. I would like to visit Roaring Fourties. Would any particular day be suitable?
gweitzel

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Any date that suits you would be more than suitable. There is the Australian Grand Prix on the 6 - 9 March and the week end before that we are at the Phillip Island Historic Race Meeting. The week between the two meetings and the week after the GP is the Melbourne International Motor Show and we have a car there also.

I will have staff at all of the above and I will arrange to have time off to take you around our facilities.

Please advise me as early as possible the day and time that best suits YOU.

Robert.

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Where abouts in Melbourne is your factory then?

Wish I'd checked earlier, as I have just come back from 'down under', and spent about 3 days in Melbourne. As Homer Simpson wouls say - D'oh!

Thanks, Robert,
I will get in touch with you shortly.
Btw, I met you at last years Melbourne Motor show, though you probably will not remember.
gweitzel

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Gweitzel,

Norman Falkiner phoned me this morning after reading this thread and he has kindly offered to collect you from the airport in his GT40 (lets hope you travel light).

Please contact me .

Best wishes,

Robert

Hi Norman, hi Robert,
I am very impressed by the very kind treatment that you offer to me.
Unfortunately my flight arrives around midnight and I am not travelling Lemans style, so it perhaps is not practical to fit us (me and my luggage)in the 40.(even so the cops may be asleep around that time).
Since the Portland Street Grand Prix got cancelled, my son has the weekend off and will pick me up from the airport. I am looking forward to meet you guys next week.
gweitzel
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif

Well, I just returned from my Australia trip.
Robert showed me around his Roaring Fourties factory. It was very impressive. The quality standard is very high and when you see all the many bits in the making it makes you appreciate what effort is required to produce a hand crafted car of such a high standard.
Norman Falkiners car was in the factory too, undergoing "cosmetic" surgery. It was being fittet with a new octagonal sound system for the australian grand prix so it can be demonstrated loud and clear.
The finish of Normans car is superb with a very nice and smooth paint job.
Norman is a lucky fellow - his neighbour owns a RF GT40 too. Unfortunately I didn't get to meet Norman in person and although Robert invited me back to spend some more time at the factory, I ran out of time and had to decline.
Thanks again Robert and Norman, great guys, great cars.

Back