Uprights For Sale

G

Kustom Metal Werks currently has available to ship immediatlely 2 to 4 pairs of his custom cast rear GT40 uprights. They are machined and ready for mounting - machined for late model Corvette hub carrier assemblies. Great price - $420/pair contact: [email protected] or
208-482-7054

upright1.jpg
upright2.jpg

[ April 19, 2002: Message edited by: John Hester ]

G

Hi John!

Haven't chatted in a while.
How's the website and demo coming?

MikeD

G

John, are you the guy that bought Sabre?

I bought my body from Integrity in '96, I believe it's a KVA they had laying around from when they bought them.

So what are you going to do for uprights for your cars? Seem to remember Integrity using a vette front and a vette rear with an adapter.

Does KMW make front uprights also?

please no offense intended but would George ship something COD?

G

Hello Mike and Kalun,
Obviously we don't have the website up and running just yet, but we are closer, very close. It will be under construction when it does arrive. The demonstrator is also nearly complete - very exciting! Unfortunately we won't be attending KnottsBerry and Carlisle is up in the air still, but we will make the Spring Fling which is in our back yard - Columbus/London Ohio. Yes I, my company, did buy John Donnelly's (Sabre Auto) molds, jigs and fixtures - only, not his business. As to our front and rear uprights we are using KMW cast units on our demonstrator - extremely high quality pieces. Although on subsequent cars we are going to have KMW's newest, very trick rear uprights! Hush - hush for now - pictures will follow on our website. Yes, KMW does make front uprights as well and you can rest assured their pieces are second to none! We use late model Corvette hub carriers and the bolt patterns for brakes are LM Corvette. Although we use Baer 'Track' brakes on all four corners. I can't speak for KMW on their shipping policies you would have to contact George Cochran at KMW. I don't think he would take offense to you asking about COD shipments though, these pieces are in stock and ready for immediate shipment. We, American GT look forward to serving the GT40 market.

[ April 22, 2002: Message edited by: John Hester ]

G

KMW pictures are on the original post now.

Thanks Ron for your help, I appreciate it.

G

John, thanks for your post and pics. More questions.

I assume the rear uprights use an adapter plate that includes the caliper mount tabs. How much does it cost?

What aluminum(?) alloy is this piece?

Do you have a picture of the front uprights and what's the price/availability?

G

Kalun, I am not speaking for John, but from my experience. When I bought my Corvette stuff (bearings, short shaft, etc.) the aluminum spacer with the caliper mount ears came with it. Basically, I told my supplier that I wanted everything in rear corners, except the actuall Corvette upright.

G

Hello Kalun,
The caliper bracket you are refering to is available through any Chevrolet dealer, as far as which alloy it is is I'm not sure. It is standard Corvette bracketry. The cost, if I remember correctly is about $60 per piece. The application is for an 88 to 91 Corvette. They are readily available but usually a non - stock item at the dealer. Usually no more than 5 working days to have in stock at the dealer. The alloy is in the 700 series for the uprights that KMW casts. I am not sure of the exact alloy, you will have to contact KMW for that information. I have no pictures of the front uprights, as far as cost and availability again contact KMW, I do believe he is getting ready to make another casting run of the front uprights. Lynn's approach works as well if you are going to use the Corvette set - up.

Back