Virtual GT40

Hi folks,

Not quite sure if anyone here will be interested, but several talented people have been busy creating "mods" for the current NASCAR 2003 Season PC simulation. Of particular interest is the one where you can drive this:
TPTCC%20GT40.jpg

If you're interested, purchase Nascar 2003 Season from the bargain bin at your local video game store for around $20 (don't buy Nascar Thunder!). Then download this patch and run it to update your game version:
1.2.0.1 patch

Then download and install The Pits Touring Car Championship mod:
TPTCC v2.1

When finished, launch Nascar 2003 normally. On the main screen there are left and right arrows that let you scroll between different series. Default will be Cup cars. Click once to choose TPTCC.

Its a more-than decent racing sim with a hypothetical mix of Trans-Am type Vettes, Mustangs, Vipers and 40's. Have fun.

Hehe. Yep, you can turn right, though the out-of-the box game only comes with the Glen Short Course and Sears/Infineon, for obvious reasons. The above picture is from Sebring, which is availble (along with a lot of other road courses) for free download.

Just in case anyone didn't know, you can "drive" p1079 (i think) in gran turismo 3 for PS2, and gran turismo 4 prolouge has the new gt. Unfortunatly this is as close as i'll come to driving a 40 for quite some time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

1075 is available in Gran Tourismo 2 and 3, and also the road version is available as well. These games have made the cars recognizable to kids everywhere. I’ve already had one wide-eyed 15yo come up to me and say “WOW, this is a GT40. Its one of the quickest cars on my computer game”. And then there was the boy who could not have been more than 5yo, explaining to his dad that it was GT40 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif .

Back