Water proof GT40?

Neil

Supporter
I got mine pretty close in the end. Normal rain was fine, but fast at a circuit in a downpour and some would sneak in. Those odd drips add up. But far better than the carpet-is-in-a-puddle where everyone starts out.

But I remember the 'drying out sessions' and wet carpet smell fondly..

I remember people in the '50s joking that British cars always smelled like a wet dog. Maybe it wasn't a joke? :rolleyes:

Hello: I add a few snapshots from the door area of an original MK II for a comparison of how a RCR40 seems to be supplied (without modifications - not my car but same setup, 3rd pic). Main difference is that the MK II has some splash shield at the door hinges and on down so that the door seal continuously runs down to the sill. Note the clever round hole in the shield. In contrast the RCR40's door seal ends near the top hinge leaving a big gap not only down at the sill but also around the upper door hinge. I'm planning on adding such a shield and extending the door seal. Also, a splash guard in the rear of the wheel well should help, as suggested in this forum before. As is, I get sand, small stones ... blown in along the sill, even in the dry. The soft Avons are not to be blamed ;-)

Attachments

• door_seal1.jpg
    door_seal1.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 182
  • door_rhs1.jpg
    door_rhs1.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 179
  • RCR40_8_fsdoors.jpg
    RCR40_8_fsdoors.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Back