WTB Talbot Mirrors - spun aluminum

Hi
I am looking for a set of spun aluminum Talbot mirrors like in photo .. thanks
72E6731E-068F-4EDA-A652-280B3DBD9185_1_105_c.jpeg

great. I have grabbed a few bit and pieces from there and surely paid a higher price than worth, but have been lucky that the stuff has been as advertised and exactly what I was looking for.

Rob Klein

Supporter
great. I have grabbed a few bit and pieces from there and surely paid a higher price than worth, but have been lucky that the stuff has been as advertised and exactly what I was looking for.
I have found their prices to be lower than pegasus, and the service was outstanding.

I do not recall but less than $500and more than $100. Usually the folks selling try (you hope) to give accurate pictures and descriptions. I have seen them in the $1000 range for NOS/show quality.

Laurent

Supporter
Hi Jorgen, Nick, Rob, Scott :

Thanks a lot for all this informations, It seems very appropriate for a GT in brushed aluminum finish...
there is two size sold by talbo & Co : The mirror diameter is approximately 100mm [4"] diameter or 90mm [3.5"]
what size do you think is most suitable for our cars ?
And they sell mirror glass in flat and convex, what is the good one i have to buy ?
I think i will push them on the wing as the picture post by jorgen...
Regards
Laurent

Laurent

Supporter
Hi Walter,
thank U for informations, :D
the price is REALLY not the same between Holden and Talbot & Co. !!, because Talbot mirrors are made of hand spun...
What finish did you buy it in? aluminum or chrome?
I didn't understand what material they are made of at holden: plastic or aluminum after finishing them in chrome or else...
You really know that when you receive them... :)

I got mine in aluminium - convex glass - real lightweights - I use them on a formula car and an E-Type with aluminium doors. I also bought a Raydyot mirror in aluminium from them. I think the chrome ones are made from metal - not plastic.

Back