GT40s.com
MK-I  MK-II  MK-III  MK-IV  GULF  MIRAGE  J-CAR  LOLA
GT40s.com
Home Forum Gallery Support GT40s.com  
Register FAQ Advertisers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GT40s.com > GT40 Replica Manufacturers' Corner > RCR Forum - RCR40 /SLC / P4 / MKIV

RCR Forum - RCR40 /SLC / P4 / MKIV Sponsored by Race Car Replicas.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th March 2012, 11:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
karlo
Rookie
United States

Arrow Superlite GTA

New car needs it own thread

Some Details:

The pricing which will be a complete body package and lighting package, all chassis, suspension components, radiator, fuel tank, shocks and brakes is targeted at $19995.this car has electric production windows, HVAC system, electric mirrors etc and be everyday optional 4-6 cylinder, automatic or manual Kit Car. GTA is a pre-production name FYI.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	front qtr final (1).jpg
Views:	3315
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	58236  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Magazine
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 28th March 2012, 11:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
LvFreeRDie
Rookie
United States

Re: Superlite GTA

Good idea on making a separate thread. If it looks anything close to that it's going to be awesome! I can't wait!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 28th March 2012, 12:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
YerDugliness
Lifetime Premier Supporter
United States

GT40: 1/24 scale MKII

Looking forward to getting the details on the "donor" car.....PLEASE don't tell me it is a 1994 Mazda 626....I just sold one for junk earlier this week.

If it were a late 1990's Honda Accord, I'd be real happy!

Cheers!

Doug

Retired once, back at work, still attempting to age disgracefully
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 28th March 2012, 03:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tplociniak
United States

Looking forward to more details as well, based on some previous posts about the engine possibly being a 4g63 I am going to guess a 95-99 eclipse for the donor car? I would like to know about the donor car sooner rather than later to keep an eye out for the right deal......patiently impatiently waiting
Old 28th March 2012, 03:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
YerDugliness
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tplociniak View Post
Looking forward to more details as well, based on some previous posts about the engine possibly being a 4g63 I am going to guess a 95-99 eclipse for the donor car?
Now that you mention Eclipse, I looked more carefully at the artist rendering and definitely see the roofline and windows.....good eye!

I had a '99 Eclipse, just the basic 4 cylinder engine with a "25th (?) Anniversary Edition" option package that included leather, moon-roof, special gauges, some fine 16" wheels/tires and the whale tail from the turbo model.

I've read that the GSX (the 4WD version with the turbo) had a different motor, still a 4 but more "race ready"....there won't be many of those around, though.....

....onward through the fog!

Cheers!

Doug

Old 28th March 2012, 03:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Tplociniak
United States

I was actually trying to do a side by side comparison of the rendering and photos of the car to see how the proportions matched up (windshield, A-pillar, passenger side glass) and it does look close

The gst is the 2wd trubo model and the one I would assume would be used, not sure how the transaxle/4wd works in those cars, but I am pretty sure the gst and gsx used the same motor

Just a did a quick search and there are actually more gsx's for sale than the gst's although gsx's are going for more than the gst's

I would be excited if this is the car because I have read very good things about these motors in the past and how well they accept modifications, also they have been around for awhile and a popular engine for tuners so there is a lot available
Old 28th March 2012, 03:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Benji
6 Tenths
United States

Keep in mind Fran has used or recommended that engine with the SL-R before so it may just be the engine of choice rather than being anything to do with the donor.

I'm VERY interested in how this is going to turn out and need to visit RCR ASAP!
Old 28th March 2012, 04:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
YerDugliness
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tplociniak View Post
...but I am pretty sure the gst and gsx used the same motor
Good news....many more GST's on the road than GSX's....wasn't sure about the GST when I mentioned the "other 4", but was about the GSX. It makes sense, though, both turbo motors.

I could see the GST drivetrain in a mid-engine design....imagine how cool it might be if we're right and Fran could offer a GSX 4WD option, too....can't imagine re-engineering all that for mid-engine, though.

I did like the dash and cockpit of the GS I drove.

...keeping my fingers crossed....

Cheers!

Doug

Old 28th March 2012, 05:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
nirvana motorsport
Sponsoring Vendor
United States

GT40: SL-R

Saw the car in clay the other day, looks awesome! A perfect fit for the Superlite line up!
Old 28th March 2012, 06:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
LvFreeRDie
Rookie
United States

Tease!!! Where are the cell phone pics that you secretly took!
Old 28th March 2012, 06:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
nirvana motorsport
Sponsoring Vendor
United States

GT40: SL-R

Ha ha, no pics. Was tempted to bring in my camera, but figured Fran might disapprove so it stayed in the car. I got to sit in it though and it feels nice, great view from the drivers seat of the road and the car. The rear end looks mean!

So far the model looks very close to the renderings.
Old 28th March 2012, 07:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Stage7
5 Tenths
United States

GT40: SLC

Can't wait.
Old 28th March 2012, 08:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Ryeno
2 Tenths
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvana motorsport View Post
So far the model looks very close to the renderings.
So the 4G63T is the "standard" 4 cylinder motor for this chariot, but has Fran worked out a V6 for the GTA yet? Are there any particular V6's in mind (Ford, Chevy, Nissan, Toyota, etc)?

Scan from Steven Hung of the ariel view:
Old 28th March 2012, 11:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
YerDugliness
United States

I think starting in 2000 the Eclipse GT was V-6....the turbo fours were for the previous body style ending in 99.

I like the idea of the V-6, though....my Honda Accord V-6 is a very reliable and spirited powerplant and I have been dreaming of it in an SL-R.....if the mid-engine mounting points for this project can be configured for the Honda V-6 powertrain, that would be an awesome opp.

There was a neo-classic component car made by Thoroughbred Motors called the Griffin...it used the tub from an MG of some sort and Thoroughbred parts for the frame and the body. Motivation was usually by Ford Thunderbird 429/automatic. I liked it, but this is WAAY more cool

Cheers!

Doug

Old 29th March 2012, 12:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
Erik G
Rookie
United States

That's hot!!!! I am looking forward to more details.

Erik Johnson
GBox Performance
(303) 440-8899 phone
Old 29th March 2012, 01:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
Erik G
Rookie
United States

I would forget about the V6 and see about dropping a Evolution engine into it. Fantastic power from a 4 cylinder, absolutely a rocket of a platform.

Erik
Old 29th March 2012, 02:42 PM   #17 (permalink)
awatkins
United States

GT40: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik G View Post
I would forget about the V6
I hate inline 4's. Sound ugly, feel ugly, look ugly. All cylinder counts should have an integral divisor of three or eight, or be radial or boxers. It's a natural law and a moral imperative.
Old 29th March 2012, 03:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
awatkins
United States

GT40: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by YerDugliness View Post
There was a neo-classic component car made by Thoroughbred Motors called the Griffin....... but this is WAAY more cool
You mean this? Gatsby Griffin by JPR Cars, Ltd., hand crafted, custom coachwork automobiles in Topping, Virginia

If so I agree; the GTA is infinitely more cool. At least with a V6.
Old 29th March 2012, 03:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
smoove7410
Rookie
United States

I owned a GSX long ago and modified it. The gst and gsx have the same motor. The only difference was that the gsx was awd. In 2000, the cars switched to NA 4 cylinders for the base models and v-6's for the GT. This was, in my opinion, when the Eclipse was lost and went downhill.
Old 29th March 2012, 06:49 PM   #20 (permalink)
Ryeno
2 Tenths
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik G View Post
Fantastic power from a 4 cylinder, absolutely a rocket of a platform.

Erik
...your right, but some of us don't fancy our rockets needing a launch time of 5 seconds before full power (around the 500 hp range). Although with a moderate set-up, 300 hp could be had quite linearly. A V6 would add a nice sound and some more low-end grunt... but in a car lighter than a Lotus Elise I wonder if one would even need it.