Superlite GTA

That's 05-99 eclipse for sure. The roof line is spot on. The good thing is that the roof during this generation was low and swoopy, which in my opinion, is necessary to build an attractive sports car.

Hmmm...I wonder if this is the car I saw getting ready for clay back in the "skunkworks"?

Now I feel like I should've been wearing a "top secret clearance" badge during my visit. :coolgleam:

You mean this one...

Attachments

• P1011536 [640x480].JPG
    P1011536 [640x480].JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 6,999
  • P1011530 [640x480].JPG
    P1011530 [640x480].JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,232
Yup! That thing looks sick Fran :D

And just when I had my brother convinced to bring an RCR40 into the family...

I'll probably bring him with me to pick up my car. He'll love to see this.

The sketches in the background of this picture are quite a treat! If my vision serves me then the rear end is going to look beastly... something akin to a Gallardo or R8 -- with the dark vents under scoring the tail lights.
attachment.php

I will definitely be purchasing one (built through Nirvana Motor Sports), albeit not in my immediate future... will get the other half on board down the line. A 450hp daily driver more exclusive than most exotics does tickle my fancy!

Happy Easter,

The renderings of the Superlite GTA look very nice, the clay model images remind me of a project I've been working on for some time.

Looking forward to more details.

Brock

That's a good looking car! I'll be interesting to see the back/rear end. I've seen many designs that look awesome from the front and front 3/4 shot; then tend to disappoint from the "B" pillar back. Seeing Fran's designs so far, I have no doubt the car will look as good coming at ya or leaving you ya.... in the dust :)

Shark

Its a long and tormenting journey designing cars Mike...good luck with your project...

Thank you Fran, I had a nice conversation with you approximately 2 years ago. At that time we discussed a fellow from the East Coast who was using your design as I recall under his own brand.

You were very helpful and that stayed with me. Shortly after that conversation I began my own car design. The process can only be described as "tormenting", however, the challenge is both satisfying and rewarding as you have come to know?

One day I will visit your shop and truly appreciate your work. The cars look great and the TV exposure for the SL-C build is giving our industry the support it needs.

Continued success, looking forward to the GTA.

Regards,
Mike

Fran would I be hoping too much based on that clay model that there is a possibility of a 2+2 at least space wise

Back