'Fess up, What Engine are You Running?

\'Fess up, What Engine are You Running?

What engine are you running, and what change(s) if any would you make the second time around?...this should be interesting

G

Re: \'Fess up, What Engine are You Running?

Easy question...

More Power!
More Power!
More Power!

MikeD

G

If your curious, I believe there was a previous thread on this same subject, although I'm sure you'll get some new answers now.

302 roller motor (91) AFR alum heads, 10-1 comp, roller rockers, Webers converted to Tbodies with inj bungs welded into the manifold, crank angle sensor, programmable EFI. 350-400 hp at the flywheel.

342 stroker, AFR 185 heads, X303 cam, Stack EFI, Electromotive TEC II. Around 430 FWHP.

You might think I am crazy, but:

Mk 1
289 HI-PO w/autolite carbs (or webers) w dual point ignition, solid lifters, good 300 hp

Mk 2

Side oiler, 1 holley (or 2)

This is what you want 351 stoker about 400 cu in, muti-plate clutch and fuel injection with a large oil pan, around 500bhp
and don't forget the tennis ball's.
Chris

fe11eb61.jpg.orig.jpg
grin.gif

This is the Ford Motorsport V8 in Robin Batt's car 400bhp

fe108812.jpg

Where did Robin get the anti-roll bar? I know Andrew runs a similar set up. Being adjustable will have it's advantages. Are there adjustable ones for sale in the states does anybody know? I can't find them. Brian

Is anybody running an aluminium block? If so, how does the weight difference effect the handling? Is it improved because of the less weight, or does it suffer as a result of the change to the front/rear weight distribution?

Looks like the Sony Image station is playing games!

ImageServer.psp

Brian,

Re:Anti-roll bars.

Frank Catt manufactured and installed the set-up for Both Robin And Andrew. I believe the anti- roll bars and a few other mods improved the handling considerably.
You can contact him in the UK :- 01323843839

[email protected]

Regards, Paul.

G

The anti-roll bar looks like a regular race setup. Try http://www.hoerr-racing.com . You'll have to 'design' it yourself, you will have to know all the lengths of the parts. HRP offers a complete cockpit adjustable kit for about $1200US.

Back