LS3 rear exit exhaust with cats - pics?

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Anyone have some pictures of a LS3 with rear exit exhaust and catalytic converters you could share? I'm trying to figure out how to lay out my exhaust and could use some ideas.

Thanks!

Pete I have the ls-376 with grazziano, somone else asked me the same question and I cant find the e-mail. I will do my best to take pictures and post them when I get back tommorow. We ended up running the stock ls-7 manifolds with cats a moroso racing muffler and a stainless 4'' tip out the back. I had to move some of RCR's stuff around to get the room but with that the system can be installed or removed with relative ease...mahlon

Mahlon, I also would like some pictures. I have the same powertrain configuration and I am planning to run the exhaust out the rear. Thanks

Couple pictures of how I did it - sorry for the poor quality these were all I could find. LS7 manifolds, corvette cats., DBX mufflers In the close up picture, you can see a heat shield over the top of the cats. The system is in 3 pieces, manifold/pipe/cat on the left and right are pieces 1&2 and the mufflers/tailpipe are the third section.

Attachments

• 20131102_130321.jpg
    20131102_130321.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 447
  • exhaust2.jpg
    exhaust2.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 344
  • exhaust1a.jpg
    exhaust1a.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 438
Mahlon,

It looks like you removed the heim joints that support the rear of the transmission. Is this the case? If so, how are you supporting the weight of the transmission at the back end? (I'm getting an error message when I try to download the larger version of your pictures)

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Mahlon,

It looks like you removed the heim joints that support the rear of the transmission. Is this the case? If so, how are you supporting the weight of the transmission at the back end? (I'm getting an error message when I try to download the larger version of your pictures)

He didn't post any pictures :huh:

Sorry for the delay responding. Couple of pics of the exhaust exiting the bodywork. I still need to design and fabricate some king of trim ring. Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated!

Attachments

• 20140819_175656.jpg
    20140819_175656.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 331
  • 20140819_175652.jpg
    20140819_175652.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 319
Back