15 inch tyres.....

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
The body's not done yet. Will be made to suit the wheels, which I haven't got yet! Early days.

Regards

Hi Russ, I'm planning on widen my body too. Do you have specification's on the width and detailled pictures, I would really appreciate that !!! Thanx

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sorry Daniel, no specs on the width as yet. It'll be what it has to be to make things fit and work! No photo's either, there's nothing to photograph yet! Need to get wheels and tyres first but before that I need to obtain a suitable transaxle. That's just the way the build has to progress. I want the transaxle before I can finalise the chassis details and I need the wheels to be able to design and fabricate the front and rear uprights and sort out the brake and suspension and steering pickup points. It's all inter-related, after that it should be easy, the rear body details and everything else will more or less fall into place. Sorry I can't be of more help but as I said it's early days. Obviously with everything I've got to do, it'll be several months before I get to the stage of actually having a rear body.
Good luck with yours.

Regards

No Problem Russ, regard your transaxle, like I told you before, PowerhauseII is building a 930 4 speed for me in the states! The owner Roger is really really nice, honest and fare. I found a 930 4 speed for me in new york, wich allready has a original build in LSD. Now he is changing all parts necesary, new bearings, synchro rings sliders, dog ring, electrical internal spray bar oiling system with cooler, Cryo/REM service, adapterkit to ford, heavy duty side cover, racing clutch, pressure plate, flywheel (KEP) high torc starter etc etc. It will be brandnew, able in handling 450+ HP, I spend less then 10.000 USD. www.powerhauseII.com I can really reconment...

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Daniel, I saw your earlier comment and I am aware that PH11 are well regarded. However I am on a Budget build and 10k US is out of my league. I need to source a trans at the right price and rebuild it myself. This entire project is sweat equity! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Regards

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Russ, If you are interested I can check with my porcshe contacts about a trans. Send me an email as to what your price range is. As far as wheels go, I have a set of four halibrand replica's with rubber mounted and balanced. You can send me an email if your interested. Thanks

Gregg and Russ,
There is a Porsche clearing house near me(Atlanta/Gainesville area), and they contacted me about a 930 LSD. I had found one by the time they contacted me. I can check with them. My contact is a 930 nut, and does a lot of work on them, rebuilding and such. I also have a contact in California who is now retired, but is a certified porshe mechanic and racer of 930s. He is rebuilding my unit as we speak and it should be back home this week some time. He is rather hard to get hold of, but is very good. Once it arrives here, I will be selling my other 930 LSD.What size is the rubber on those 15s, and how much are you asking? You can email me or post it here.
Bill

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Bill, I'm still interested in your old trans. When it is available please email the details as discussed.

Regards

Back