Anyone know what transaxle is in the Audi R8?

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
It's the same as the Lamborghini Gillardo, but I'd like to know what transaxle is in the Audi R8.

Also, who can think of an inexpensive mid engine, all wheel drive car. Rack your brains, I can't think of any that are INEXPENSIVE.

Laters,

Brian

Here's an interesting car called the dp1. It uses a Hayabusa engine (mid-engine) with AWD. I have no idea how much it is, but I'd imagine that the drive train would be much cheaper than the other mid-engined AWD cars.

dp vehicle home

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
I read about that thing a while back.

What I'm really thinking of doing is this...

For the inexpensive mid engine awd car, I'd like to put that drivetrain in one of Fran's SL-R's with some custom work on the front end for the diff.

For the Audi R8 transmission, same thing but with the SL-C and my 4 rotor wet dream engine and custom front end work for a Gillardo diff. or Audi R8 diff. Same thing.

I think an AWD SL-R and SL-C would be absolutely KILLER.

Another idea was take the drivetrain from a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo or Eclipse GSX and put it in backwards and get reverse cut gears made for the front & rear diffs. Dunno how expensive those would be, but it's the only way I can think of making it work.

Any other ideas?

Here's an interesting car called the dp1. It uses a Hayabusa engine (mid-engine) with AWD. I have no idea how much it is, but I'd imagine that the drive train would be much cheaper than the other mid-engined AWD cars.

dp vehicle home

I'm fairly sure a friend of mine had a look at one of these a while back. He was conversing with designer and all but dropped a deposit on one but as I understand the pricing went sky-high, which basically opened a LOT of other vehicles for consideration in comparison...

Had some amazing specifications being quoted with acres of carbon fibre.

Brian - Get one car on the road at a time! You'll never get out of the driver's seat of the SL-C long enough to have time for anything else!If that were your ONLY obsession,you might think about a subie drivetrain(WRX).

Back