ASHES

I agree completely Rob. My post was with tongue in cheek. Until the news article, i had thought "what a game". I still do, in fact. The upms have to call it as they see it, and all of us spectators saw it the same way. Andrew Flintof played an absolute blinder of a game, and as you say, it keeps the series interesting........

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gifHere we go again lads, Lee out of hospital, OOH Aagh's ankle has got better, will he play?
I am busily sticking pins in my Flintoff effigy. Out comes the cork of a lovely Barrossa Merlot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
GAME ON!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
P.S.
Good luck the POMS, you will need it.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Pete,
Still watching? Looks like England have renewed vigour as I 've not seen a test match team as good as this for a long time. Like you I've sttled down with a bottle of Barolo.
Dave M

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Hi David, yes I'm still watching albeit with great trepidation. Having to make 400 plus on the last day is a huge ask for the Aussies. But then you lot have to get us out.. A pretty easy task given recent history. Anyway I am still sticking pins in my Flintoff Doll. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
What a game /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif five days and down to the last ball. I am now officially suffering from sleep deprivation. Well played England, if it had not been for the rain you would have won. A terrific Captain's knock by Ponting and one of the best games of cricket I have seen for a long time.

Attachments

• 62950-1608_cricket_a.jpg
    62950-1608_cricket_a.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 238

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Absolutely Pete, The best in memory. I had to go out to an industrial estate about 3 hours to go but in typical Brit fashion - no work was being done and every body was glued to the box or car radio and one workshop had huge loudspeakers out on their forecourt with a nectar fuelled
party for the staff going on. I guess it was a case of no work was being done this afternoon anyway.
Just a superb day and a just result.
DM

Hi All,

CRICKET AS EXPLAINED TO A FOREIGN VISITOR

You have two sides - one out in the field and one in.

Each man that's in the side that's in goes out
and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out.

When they are all out
the side that is out comes in
and the side that's been in goes out

Sometimes you get men still in and not out

When both sides have been in and out
including the not-outs

That's the end of the game

HOWZAT!

Absolutely right!
Andre 40

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Heheheheh, Andre, you forgot to mention that you can be caught in slips, silly mid on, or silly mid off. You can go out batting on a sticky wicket,or be caught behind. Of course you can also be caught in front, or at mid off,or mid on, or at fine leg. If that hasn't stumped you, you can go out stumped or be bowled by a googly, or if you are a bowler you can have a Maiden over. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Andre/Pete,

From a foreigner's perspective, cricket certainly does come across as it's own foreign language! It doesn't translate too well either! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif The maiden thing sounds OK though!

By any chance, was the terminology written by the Minister of Silly Walks? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Bill

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Champagne is cooling in the ice bucket /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
In affectionate remembrance of
AUSTRALIAN CRICKET,
which died in Trent Bridge
on August 28, 2005.
Deeply lamented by a large circle
of sorrowing friends and
acquantances.
R.I.P.
N.B: The body will be cremated and
the Ashes will remain in England.

BUGGAR /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Well done Lads, you are too good. But beware the wounded Kangaroo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
We will be back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gee Pete. Don't give up yet. I really believe they are just trying to lull the Poms into a false sense of security. If we can only get Warne off his mobile for a couple of overs, The Ashes are ours. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Just to set the scene here, it's a beautiful summer afternoon, vitually no wind and 24 degrees. Nobody is moving in our street - even the promised barbeque across the road has been delayed until after Trent Bridge is concluded. More champers in the cooler.
England expects........
p.s. I wish someone would shut G. Boycott up once and for all.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Wow, seven for, I bet we had you blokes worried for a while?
On to the next Test, Aussies have to win, Poms need only draw. Bring it on.
Andre' a terrific game between the Springboks and the All Blacks, Aussies nowhere in that comp either /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Yep Pete, I was there at Carisbrook on Saturday night - great test, great atmosphere. Looks like both the South Aricans and the Aussies will be clamouring for the All Blacks to go down next Saturday... Aussies to salvage some pride and the South Africans to retain the tri-nations cup. Go Black!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
All England needs now is periods of continuous rain going into the next test. But seriously, Warne is the best cricket team Australia has ever had.
Dave M

Good to see Brett Lee stepping up as well. They have to get it right soon.........we need Mark Waugh back as a sub fielder /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Back