ASHES

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Good idea Tim, a couple of good subs worked for England,why not us. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
The decider coming up. Will McGrath play? Have we recruited
the right Subs? Will Richie Benaud come out of retirement?
Will newspaper editors ever write something that is not nonsense? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
He is a dead set LEGEND.

Attachments

• 64396-1009_warne_a.jpg
    64396-1009_warne_a.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 350
This test is a real worry,no matter who wins. Do you see where British Airways are going to offer seats to Oz. The number of seats is the number of runs the Poms score and the price is the number of runs the Aussies score. Not that our girls here would be too interested but they will eat a lot of our food and may not want to go home. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Love him or hate him, you cannot argue with 5-for on a first day, flat pitch. If only the other 10 could get their acts together...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Hi Pete,
Don't forget it's not over till the last ball is bowled.
BUT
It's going to be a hell of a last day!
And whatever happens it's been a cracking series.
Good luck,I fear the Ausies are going to need it.
Cheers

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Just great Paul. And a second place for Renault yesterday in Belgium so it's been a great weekend. Seriously, what a wonderful series - it's done so much for the great game. Off into London tomorrow for the festivities - I do hope the Australian side will be there as well.
Dave M

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Congratulations England, I hope you all wake up tommorow with the world's worst hangover /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Great effort, great series, you were too good. ENJOY.

Attachments

• 64636-1309_ashes_a.jpg
    64636-1309_ashes_a.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 364

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Anyway I am still sticking pins in my Flintoff Doll.

Very good Pete, but you wont find his balls.
Just like your fielders dont, lol.
Anyway, weve now won the chalice.
Perhaps you can make another with the doll!!!
I enjoyed reading your witty comments, along with others, you make this site fun.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Seen on E-Bay. For sale DELUXE TROPHY DISPLAY CABINET.
The most elegant and functional display cabinet on the market. Features fine timber details and lead light options.
With four side access doors there is a maximum frontal display. Adjustable shelves are extra deep to accommodate large items. Halogen lights, mirror back and glass shelves provide max illumination of your collectibles from top to bottom.
To give an indication of size-previously held The Ashes, Rugby World Cup, Tri Nations cup and the Bledisloe Cup.
Now all overseas!!

To make an offer call R Ponting or G Gregan at 1-800-lostthelot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I think yesterday, Aussies 602. Poms 3-53, Strauss 12, Cook 11, Collingwood 5, says it all. I'd be happy to take your money but reckon it would be an unfair bet......

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Pete,
I think the England team are playing a blinder.
Sandbagging.
Maybe you're right though, and they could be handbagging instead.....
While there is life, there's hope.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Andre40 said:
Hi All,

CRICKET AS EXPLAINED TO A FOREIGN VISITOR

You have two sides - one out in the field and one in.

Each man that's in the side that's in goes out
and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out.

When they are all out
the side that is out comes in
and the side that's been in goes out

Sometimes you get men still in and not out

When both sides have been in and out
including the not-outs

That's the end of the game

HOWZAT!

Absolutely right!
Andre 40

Egads, Pete. Imagine one of us foreign visitors, who knows squat about cricket, trying to figure this explanation from Andre out??? I'm a linguist by training (M.S. degree, Speech Pathology) and I can't get past the first couple of paragraphs. And to think I took the bait when this thread popped up and reread the entire 3 pages to learn what it was all about.

You know, though, I don't have to understand the game to enjoy this action. I'll quote one of your posts here:

"Please pass the popcorn".

It looks like it's game on--I think I'll grab a nice Merlot and sit back and enjoy!

Dugly

Hi Pete,
Well done to all down under.Good to see Ponting back in the groove after all the stick you guys gave him after lat year.
Let's hope the rest of the series is more closely contested!
To quote Mr P. last year the Assies won the 1st test..........but I think it's going to be a tougher challenge for the Brits this year.
Cheers
Paul

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Ponting is right Paul, we should all remember the last series when we won the
first test and went on to lose the Ashes.
I reckon our heat, humidity, hospitality (we take the English out the night before play starts and get them pissed. Warne lets them have it off with his cast offs) and home ground advantage, will make it much tougher for your lads this time.
Lets hope we have a terrific summer of top class cricket.

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Aaah, Cricket !! Now for some HERESY !

Cricket was invented hundreds of years ago & played in small villages throughout England, Oz, NZ, SA, India, etc (before more intelligent pursuits for men were invented - like TV & cars).

It kept around 22 guys in each village occupied hour after hour when they were not working (ie. kept them out of the house).

Ridiculously vulnerable "playing field" which allowed suspicious women to easily check if "persons of interest" were actually where they said they would be.

Huge opportunity for excessive alcohol consumption (leading to lack of performance when they finally weaved their way back to the marital bed).

Any male who survived the boredom, alcohol, sun-stroke, skin cancer, etc. could be guaranteed to promptly fall asleep on arrival back home.

THE ULTIMATE PRIMITIVE CONTRACEPTIVE !!

So, who do you reckon invented Cricket ?

IT'S A WICKED PLOT !!!!

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Back