ASHES

Hi Pete
Not much to shout about from up here.
FF from hero to zero eh?
Should never have been made captain, said it from the start.
Anyway it's not over yet..................................................arghhhhhhh!
Paul

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Paul, Dont be to hard on FF, all he needs to learn is how to place a field,how to bowl and bat. Once he gets that sorted he should be O.K.:D

Seriously, he has not had much support from the batsman in particular and a Captain is only as good as his team.

We lose a lot of good players so the next series should be a much closer contest, Happy New year.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
OK now the Ausies are retiring the next series mught better but to the current team well done.

England team needs a trip back via Iraq to toughen them up properly

Ian

Pete said:
Hi Paul, Dont be to hard on FF, all he needs to learn is how to place a field,how to bowl and bat. Once he gets that sorted he should be O.K.:D

Seriously, he has not had much support from the batsman in particular and a Captain is only as good as his team.

We lose a lot of good players so the next series should be a much closer contest, Happy New year.
OOPS!
That wasn't the plan was it?

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I was waiting for it Paul,:lol: good on the English team, a good win at last. Now the plane trip home will be a lot more fun.
Of course there is a rumour going around that we let you win so you would not be so shattered you would withdraw from the World Cup.:eek:

Pete said:
I was waiting for it Paul,:lol: good on the English team, a good win at last. Now the plane trip home will be a lot more fun.
Of course there is a rumour going around that we let you win so you would not be so shattered you would withdraw from the World Cup.:eek:

Hi Pete,
We are gratefull for any win we can get at the moment.I think the team realised that it had to win something or else they need not have bothered coming home.
BTW at least you have the good grace to respond when the Aussies get beat, unlike some others from down under.....
Cheers Mate

Hi Pete,
Is it also a rumour that the Aussies let the Kiwis win as well??
Hey Tim (Oz40)..............no shouting from you of late. Someone got your tongue?

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Paul, Let us think about the recent and very sudden decline in form of the Aussie's. We have won every cricketing award known to man in the last couple of years. And have enjoyed a reputation of being invincible.:pepper: Yet on the eve of the World Cup we suddenly lose five in a row....Strange?
Not if you know that the Captain of the Aussie sides nickname is Punter and Warnie the legend is mates with several Indian bookmakers.;)

A cynic and I am one, might think the lads have been working at getting the price right and having a wee wager on themselves to win the World Cup...
Get your money on them while you can.:D

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Hi guys Kiwi rossco here now I'm not one to Crowe (cricketing joke) but the Aussies are such poor losers. They never admit to being beaten by a better side, it's all about us and how somebodies head must roll because w'ere the best, and our bowlers were no good ooh ahh is no good without Warnie and all that. I know I live here in sport mad Australia,but rebuilding after players retire is part of the process and expecting to win constantly is just not on.Life is just so good when the Kiwis beat the Aussies at anything though don't you reckon? Pete calm down I see the steam rising from your head.I'm off running away. will I be welcome at Pete's bar at the GP Mmmm probably not, oh well.
Have fun Rossrockonsmile :lol: :dead:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Well Ross, strange isn't it but I agree with most of that, except for everything after "Hi Guys":lol:

As the great Vince Lombardi is quoted as saying "winning isn't everything, it's the only thing". I am sick of political correct BS that has coaches saying things like "well he really did well and got a P.B." when the guy has come second last.
Athletes have to be committed 100% to excel at the highest level and that includes the desire to win. IMHO it is not wrong to want to excel and strive to be the best, and it is a pity so many people criticise a winning attitude. Give me a poor loser any day in preference to someone who takes losing in their stride.
End of rant.:dead:
Ross I'll buy the first round at Pete's bar.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
:pepper: Rossco, I just watched one of the best run chases of recent memory and one of the best one day games. Only one problem; We got flogged again and even worse, by the bloody Kiwis.:mad: AAAARRRRGGGHHHPHUCK.

A great game of crucket, a Ferntastic result for you guys to come back from a very ordinary start.

Congratulations to all the Kiwis out there and good luck in the World Cup.
Oh. and thanks for breaking Matties big toe.:mad:

Celebrate you deserve it, meantime I'm going to drown my sorrows, pass the Merlot.

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Pete you surprise me, however you still haven't uttered the words yet- 'The best team won on the day' see it's easy. I know you hate to be beaten by us Kiwis but that's what we live for, a win over Australia.Hang on why are you! drinking Merlot I should be celebrating. Anyway mate just drown your sorrows you'll be able to wake to mass sackings amongst the Aussie cricket team in the morning, that'll make you feel better. I think Warnie will come back after this.
Smug B___ Rossco:rolleyes:

Back