Aspira F620 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Man oh man, the ass end of that thing looks fantastic!!! I like the louvers around the rear window too. Great job!!!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Beautiful SL-C - but -

The Dash / Gauges look like sometime straight out of the 50-60's

P1090349-L.jpg

Last edited:
Isn't this just an slc? I remember reading his blog some time ago. I love the interior and I wonder if those parts will be available when I am ready for my build.

It's a modified SLC. There was a bunch of crap flying around about passing SVA or IVA or some such in the UK.

I wonder how it much it actually weighs with that interior, etc. Thinks it's still super-lite?

Probably not but from what I recall he was building more of a show car which this def. fits the bill. I wonder what Fran thinks about this?

Back end looks good - however, I don't think it belongs on an SLC - it makes it look like a production car; real SLC should have the transaxle danging outback, just screaming race car.

And interior is kinda, well, ugly (atleast to me! no offence craig!! =) )

Isn't this just an slc? I remember reading his blog some time ago. I love the interior and I wonder if those parts will be available when I am ready for my build.

Basically; I got confused a while ago because I thought Aspira was Rocket Cars owned by that Billy Mead....he was supposed to do something like have Fran build the cars, then turn around, re-brand them and sell them for 300k; but then he didn't pay up or something, so who knows.

It seems like Craig wants to turn around and start selling them under that brand still ... I wonder if he worked out some licensing from Fran?

All-in-all just an odd situation, because according to his blog he doesn't seem very happy with the product (I :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: mine), so I'm not certain how he expects to (a) source multiples of the kit when he and his friend have expressed less than positive thoughts about it constantly (e.g., when his friend said it caught on fire from wiring?????) and (b) have people pay $$$ for a product that great he himself has expressed displeasure with online........:lipsrsealed:

I was being kind by not bringing up the history and obvious hypocrisy there in. I am sure that Fran will chime in eventually (I hope).

(I took out the part of the original post that didn't belong)

Back end looks good - however, I don't think it belongs on an SLC - it makes it look like a production car; real SLC should have the transaxle danging outback, just screaming race car.

And interior is kinda, well, ugly (atleast to me! =) )

Quote:
Originally Posted by trader

Basically; it seems like Craig wants to turn around and start selling them under that brand in the UK ... I wonder if he worked out some licensing from Fran?

All-in-all just an odd situation, because according to his blog he doesn't seem very happy with the product (I :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: mine), so I'm not certain how he expects to have people pay high $$$ for a product that he himself has expressed displeasure with online........seems like he's just shooting himself the foot with it....:lipsrsealed:

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
And interior is kinda, well, ugly (atleast to me! =) )

Basically; it seems like Craig wants to turn around and start selling them under that brand in the UK ... I wonder if he worked out some licensing from Fran?

All-in-all just an odd situation, because according to his blog he doesn't seem very happy with the product (I :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: mine), so I'm not certain how he expects to have people pay high $$$ for a product that he himself has expressed displeasure with online........seems like he's just shooting himself the foot with it....:lipsrsealed:

Alex - I find it strange as well. For someone to post so many negative things on his blog about the car and then turn around, rebadge the car and market it under a different name is bizarre. I have to agree with you on the interior as well. I have no doubt it's well done but the term "Liberace's purse" comes to mind. Just my opinion - something about the color, switches and gauges that just don't fit the car.

Dave L

Its all probably a big marketing ploy, Pistonheads forum members appear to be sick to death of reading about 'the next greatest world supercar to be' regardless of who builds it, sooo maybe these guys got together & said---looks like we will get bad PR on this thing regardless of how we do it, so make a bit of fuss to keep it in the public eye, and when it hits the market maybe Joe Public will actually like it.....

BTW, wasnt 'Aspira' associated with 'another' forum member?:)

I agree with the interior assessment.....but I do like the interior door handles. The dash is fashioned after the "Jetson's" cartoon.

I talked to Fran briefly about doing the same thing. His stand when I talked with him was he didnt care what you did with it after you purchased it. Although I kinda remember something about RCR being being on the car, somewhere in there. But, when I meet with Fran in a couple of months I will def have all the legal shit together.

As for complaining in earlier post, he basically had Fran build the car to turnkey and he tweeked the rear with a new look (Ferrari)and added his own interior. Now in forums, that's like dating another members wife and waiting for approval from other members. But I guess he was just trying to "keep it real" with his experiance.

My thoughts on making the SL-C a production Supercar: I think it is a great way to get your foot into the door of that world as a manufacturer, with out spending millions of dollars in R&D. Fran has done all that, and all you should really want is just that.

I want the chassis, body and the ability to accomidate a 6'6" driver with slight mods. Everything else will be up to us to build and fix. That way we can support our warrenty issues, quality and customer support on everything about the car.. Once the car is Delivered to us the only thing Fran should hear from us is where to show up for the revealing.

Now as for exposure of the Aspira, not alot of people even in the car world know about the SL-C. Another reason I chose it and it's market footprint is very small..

Even though they look like they are form the 1960's jetson cartoon, i do like those rocker switches Craig used. Similar to the Ford GT below. does anyone know where to get these? I've been scouting the web, no luck...

Attachments

• Ford_GT+Gauges_Toggle_Switches.jpg
    Ford_GT+Gauges_Toggle_Switches.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 971
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back